Chapter 3

Ellie's P.O.V

I woke up in the same room that I was in with Jacob a few hours ago. Since my wound has been treated and I'm well rested I can go now. I didn't bother to wait for Jake to tell me when to go. I never liked to stay in hospitals long. It just reminds me that I don't heal as fast as I use to. That my wolf is weakening and there's nothing I can do about it. Sure, Jake doesn't like it that I leave before I'm fully healed but I can't stay here. I removed the sheet from my leg and stood. I put in my shoes that were beside my bed and walked to the door. As I pulled the door towards me, an alarm went off. I sigh and leaned my head on the glass door. "Well played Jake," I whispered but I know he can hear me. I moved away from the door and sat on the bed. I can already picture him smiling.

Jake's P.O.V

I was talking to Alpha Jacob about the injured pack members at the receptionist's table before heading to another patient's room.  More warriors were injured than we thought and we didn't call in every available doctor that we had, so we are a little short staff at the moment. He wanted to know if there was anything serious about the injuries and wanted to know when they can be discharged later on today or early tomorrow morning.

"Well, it's not like they all have the same injuries. Some wounds are too deep for some of them so they will heal within a day and a half or two depending on their wolf and their mates can help with their healing too. The rest of them just needs a lot of rest and hopefully, they can be out by tomorrow morning," he nodded his head as I reviewed a file from the receptionist for my next patient.

"What about Ellie?" He asked and I hid my smile. It may be nothing at all and I am just exaggerating but I have a feeling that these two will become very, how should I say this, fond? intrigued? with each other. I thought to myself as I turned to look at him. "Well everyone knows you can't keep Ellie in a hospital for too long, even if it's to rest. She hates hospitals," I said as I looked back at the file. "By the time you walk back into that room, I bet she's gone, unless," I said and that's when the alarm went off. I wasn't fazed by it and neither was anyone else because they were used to this. Well, everyone except Alpha Jacob of course. I keep forgetting he's new at this. 

"What's that for? Why isn't anyone responding to the alarm?" He asked looking very confused. "Well played Jake," I heard Ellie from her room and smiled. A few months ago I told Ellie that if she keeps disappearing from the hospital every chance she gets, I'm going to install an alarm system and seal the doors. That's why she's always in room 302. That room is specifically for her. The doors can not be opened from the inside once the alarm goes off and I doubt she was gonna break the glass doors.

Would she? 

On second thought, I'm going to try and get that changed to something harder. So I got the alarm but I didn't tell her about it so I guess that it caught her by surprise. I know Ellie hates hospitals but she has a tendency of believing she's always ok. Which is not bad sometimes but if you leave Ellie in a room in the hospital to rest, she's gone by the time you come back. Then eventually she ends back up in the hospital.

"That Alpha Jacob, would be Ellie," I said as I gave the file back to the receptionist. "Put this in my office please," I said to her before walking off to Ellie's room. "Call me Jacob," he said and I nod. We arrived at Ellie's door and I smiled as I turned off the alarm and opened the door.

"Excuse me, but I don't think I've seen you before. Who are you?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrow together acting like I don't know her just to tease her. "I'm a masked murderer who plans on taking your life," she answered with a blank face. "How can you be a masked murderer if you don't have on a mask?"

"Who says I don't?" She replied with a smirk.

"Really? Then I should call the Alpha...oh wait he's already here," I replied with a smile. "O then I should run and hide because the big bad wolf is gonna kill me. But before I die call the doctor to patch me up, O wait I forgot I killed him already," she shot back with a smirk on that beautiful face of hers. Just to be clear I'm not into Ellie, I'm saving myself for my mate. Yup at the age of 25, I haven't found my mate yet.