Chapter 11

It was now 10 in the afternoon. The sun has already set. So I closed the book and went to my house. I was about to open the front door when I heard someone call me. I turned around and saw Alpha Brian, Luna Audrey, and Jacob. I bowed my head in respect. "Alpha, Luna, Jacob," I said to them.

"Where were you today? I didn't see you ever since you finished your training," he asked as he furrowed his eyebrows at me. "She was helping me train," Jacob said out of the blue. All eyes turned on him. "What?" Luna Audrey asked in confusion while both the Alpha and I narrow our eyes at him.

What is he doing?

"Jacob what are you doing?" I asked him. "I don't want you to lie to them for me," he replied and turned to face his parents. "Ever since I came back I haven't been at my full strength. I lost my abilities so I asked Ellie if she could help me and she agreed," he explained to them. Alpha Brian rubbed his forehead. "Why didn't you tell us?" The Luna asked again.

"It's embarrassing to talk about it. And I didn't wanna worry you guys," he said to his parents.

"We are your parents it is our job to worry. If you have a problem you come to us first ok?" Alpha Brain said and Jacob nod his head. "Ok. But to be honest, you were going to choose Ellie to help me," it wasn't a question more like a statement. "Yes I would but Ellie has a lot on her plate right now and I would of choose Alec or Enforcer Ted or myself," Alpha Brian said to him before turning to me and narrowing his eyes.

"Jacob came back to the pack house 3 hours ago where were you then?" Alpha Brian asked me. "I was doing some reading," I answered. I didn't lie and he knows that. I know he's listening to my heart to tell if I'm lying which I'm not. "In your training clothes," he questioned again. "Yes. I just went straight up to the library," I answered back. He was about to ask something else but that's when Luna Audrey cut in. "Brian let her go and stop interrogating her. She's just going home," she said and shot me a soft smile before saying that I can go. I bid my goodbyes to them and ran all the way home.

When I came home I went straight into the bathroom and took a shower. After I came out of the bathroom I went to my closet to find something to wear. I took out comfortable dark blue Jeans pants with a black spaghetti strap blouse black boots and a leather jacket.

11:30 pm

I was in the middle of putting on my pant when someone knocked on my door. I rested my pants on the bed, grabbed my robe, and went to answer the door. As I was getting closer to the door a scent caught my nose, Pinecones, and Firewood. What is Jacob doing here? I asked myself.

I opened the door and was greeted by Jacob's cheerful face. I gave him a blank one as I raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you doing here? And how do you know where I live?" I asked him trying to keep whatever he wanted to talk to me about in the middle of the night short. I still remember the kiss and I wanted to be clear that it could never happen again. "Dad told me. Aren't you gonna invite me in?" It wasn't a question.

"Your perfectly fine where you are?" I said to him. "Why are you here?" I asked again. "Can't I just visit my friend," he said again and I glared at him. "At 11:30 in the night? I don't think so. What are you doing here?" I asked for the last time and if he made any playful comments I will slam this door in his face.

"I wanted to talk," he said and then averted his eyes somewhere else. "About?" I asked. "What happened in the -" he cleared his throat. "Woods. The kiss," he finished and held a breath and then let it out slowly. "It won't happen again so just forget it," 

 "Why? Why are trying so hard to forget?" He asked me, half annoyed. 

"Because it can never happen again," I said in a flat tone that I hope will let him know that I don't wanna talk about this any further but that just makes him more curious. "Why?" I didn't respond immediately. I know it wasn't fair to give him half an answer. It would leave anyone curious. But I already opened myself up to him more than I should today. How much more do I have to do? "It's personal," I whispered but I knew he heard me. The cease in his eyebrows remains which tells me that he wanted a definite answer but decided to push me any further on the topic and I was grateful for that. "OK," he shook his head at me. "OK, I'll stop asking," I nod my head at him. 

"Are you going somewhere?" he suddenly asked me out of the blue. I narrowed my eyebrows at him. How did he know? "No, I was just heading to bed," I replied to him and he raised an eyebrow at me. "Do you normally wear that blouse to go to sleep? You forgot to tie the robe," he asked me as he pointed at my robe. I looked down to see that I'm only in my top and underwear and my robe isn't tied. But it's not like I forgot to. "Yeah and so what?" I questioned him.

"Never mind," 

"It's getting late, you should probably head back to the pack house," I suggested and he nod his head. "Yeah," he replied but didn't make any move to leave my porch. He was just staring at me as if he was trying to figure something out. It made me feel shy under his gaze and my heartbeat started to pick up for some unknown reason. I cleared my throat to take him out of the trance that he was in. "Goodnight Jacob," I said 

"Goodnight Ellie," he said and I slowly closed the door behind me as I made my way inside my home. Even though I closed the door I didn't move from my spot. I leaned my body closer to the door as if trying to feel if he was still there. My hand was still on the doorknob and I was just looking at the white door in front of me as if I could still see him.

I can tell he's still there because I can sense him. I sensed movement. His hand was pressed against the door. Without thinking my hand slowly made its way to the exact position as his. I knew that he knows I was still behind the door but that didn't stop me from staying. Our hands linger there for a while until Jacob broke away and left. After he was gone, I shook my head and went back upstairs.

Time to get back to the matter at hand.

I quickly dragged on my pants, boots, and jacket. I put my hair into a high bun and grabbed my sword. As I went close to the front door I took out the map from the book I read. It will take 5 hours to reach Mountain Stone Valley but I found a shortcut that will take less time.

I ran outside and into the woods.

1:00am
Yeah, it took me two hours to get here, and now all I have to do is climb. "That's a long way up," I said to myself as I began climbing.

1:15 am
I finally arrived at the top of the mountain and was amazed by what I saw. I beautiful mansion stood in front of me. It was just as big as the pack house only up here is quiet. And most parts of it are black and red.

Focus Ellie

I went into stealth mode. I planned to sneak in and get out. It's a good thing I know how to hide my scent. I quickly made my way around the mansion-like house as quietly as possible. I've checked the living room, dining room, and one that I think is to a basement and I accidentally walked in on a sleeping Iron Fist but don't worry I tip-toed out of his room but something stopped me.

There was something like a stick in a glass-like case. I peeked at Iron Fist to see if he was still sleeping and he was. I opened the door wider and thank Goddess it didn't make any sounds to indicate that I was hearing. I tiptoed across the room quickly but quietly. Once I arrived at the glass case I immediately recognized that it was the wand. It's old fashion and doesn't look like a stick at all with a single vine-like thing spreading all way to it until it reached the top and marble-like stone at the bottom.

I slowly open the glass case and took it out. I froze when I heard Iron Fist shift on the bed but thankfully he didn't wake up. I tiptoed my way back out of the room and quickly went the way I came in before he realized it was missing.

Once I arrived at the exact place that I came in I looked over and saw that it was a long way down but I can make it.

"Did you think that I would let you steal from me," a cold, emotionless voice said from behind me and my body immediately tensed up.

Oh no

I slowly turned around to face him. With all honesty, he looks harmless and doesn't look like he's aged a day even though he's been up here thousands of years. He looks about the same age as Jacob.

I tightened my grip on the wand which was in my right hand. "Now why don't you give me back my wand and I will make sure that your death will be quick and painful," he threatened me.

"No can do. I need this wand," I said with a very stern voice. "Well I did give you a chance to save yourself but it seems like you rather do this the hard way, " he said. I placed the wand in my pocket as I took out my sword and so did he. We circle each other for a while before he made the first move.

*************************
Please leave a comment and a vote if you like the story so far.
Stay tuned for my chapter

Izzy