Chapter 28

Ellie's P.O.V 

I've been in the hospital for 48 hours and still, I haven't recovered from either the rogue attack or the wolf. My wolf didn't attend to my physical wounds because we were both busy fighting that white wolf back in my unconscious state. I still don't know how I got there or why I'm taken there all the time when I'm injured. It's all very confusing. The battle between the wolves was vicious. Both wolves landed some pretty hard hits which now adds to my wounds. My entire body feels sore but I still manage to leave the hospital. But then later on I realized that a bottle of painkillers was in my pocket. I guess Jake put them there. 

I bet the hospital is already alerted about my absence and they told Jacob by now but I didn't need the questions that will be thrown my way after I wake by everyone when I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened myself or the tests that the doctors will perform on me to find out if anything's wrong with me but there isn't. They won't find anything. I went back to the clearing where I and those rogues fought and saw the disaster that we created. I tried my best to not get caught by any wolves patrolling the perimeter. I was kinda hoping that what happened was a dream but when I went back to the clearing it prove that it wasn't. 

Instead of going to the waterfall like I usually do, I went home. No matter how much pain that I am in right now I kept moving because my mind kept racing with questions that I don't have the answers to. Right now I'm on the balcony connected to my room. I was leaning on the balcony wall looking at the forest behind my house with a glass of vodka beside me. The back of my house was surrounded by trees so it was easier to shift whenever I want to and head to the forest. The nearest neighbor's house is about 10 steps away. They use to visit me often 3 years ago but now I made sure that I was barely seen by them and they stopped coming over too. So I guess that's easier.

I do not drink a lot. I only drink when I can't figure something out and I need a break from it. I don't have as much energy to take a run as I would normally do so I choose to do something that does not need much movement and that's where the drinking comes in. It takes a lot to get a wolf drunk and I've only had one glass. A gentle wind blew past me and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. That's when I felt it. 

"Ellie," Jacob said as he stood at the door frame where the balcony and my bedroom meet. I didn't turn around though. I felt that it was too much energy to do so. I felt him staring at my back and then I think his gaze went to the half empty. "You were drinking?" He said slowly, probably wondering if I'm drunk or something. "Don't worry I'm not drunk," I told him as I found the energy to turn around and face him. Once I did I felt a little dizzy so I held onto the balcony wall again. "Are you OK?" He asked me still not making any move to approach me. He just stayed at the door frame. I take it that he is upset with me. "No, I'm not," I said to him as I lowered my head, knowing that it doesn't make sense to lie to him. 

"You could've at least waited you know," he said after a few minutes of silence. I raised my head to look up at him. "If not at the clearing then at the hospital," he added afterward in a serious tone. He is angry and he's trying to control himself. "Jacob I -" 

"No, you listen," He cut me off by saying so I shut my mouth. "People were worried about you Ellie. You can't just go off to fight off some rogues without any backup because you never know what can happen. What if it was a hunter? and they had guns? What were you gonna do?" 

I looked away from him. "You need to understand that in this pack everyone's a team. We don't do things like that on our own, that's the damn reason for a pack Ellie!" he raised his voice at me, and usually, I never go for that but I know I deserved it. Uncle Ted or Aunt Mariah hasn't done that in a long time. Everyone's taking it easy on me and I guess I started to take advantage of that. Iron Fist, Rogue attack, and million different things. "What you did was stupid and reckless and you could've ended up somewhere a lot worse than the hospital!" he continued.

But all of a sudden I couldn't hear his voice anymore, then I started to feel uneasy. I wanted to say something to Jacob but then I started to feel dizzy. The room was spinning and then everything started to become a blur. What is happening? Was the last thing I thought to myself before everything went dark. 

5 hours later 

I woke up with a splitting headache in my bedroom. Which is weird because I thought Jacob would've taken me to the pack hospital. I wanted to get up so badly but I stayed in the comfort of my bed and looked up at the ceiling where I allow my thoughts to drift away. I can never get a break now, can I? It seems as though everything about my life now is a mystery. How did I get this firepower? Why are my wolf's eyes changing? Why did that girl say that she was my sister? I know I shouldn't believe what she said but there's just some part of me that wonders if it's true. 

I got up from my bed and went back out to the balcony. I've always admired the view of the forest from my backyard. It always seems to keep me calm especially when the wind blows by. It's funny. Up until a few months ago before I fought Iron Fist, my only fear was that my past would catch up to me, and by my past I mean the haunted memories of my mate. Or should I say ex-mate? Now I have another fear. Losing control. What happened in the forest was destructive and it would be dangerous if I ever get angry when I'm near anyone in the pack. I need to learn how to control myself and maybe Miranda can help me. 

So far she's the only one who has ever seen me when I'm angry besides Jacob? I don't know how she would be able to help me but she's gonna have something. 

But what if she doesn't?

Then maybe I should leave the pack for their safety. 

"Ellie doesn't think like that,"  Lizzy said to me. "I'm just thinking realistically Liz," I replied to myself, and then she went silent. "Now get some rest. That was an epic battle we just and it took all of the little energy you had left," I heard her whimper before she cut communications with me. Suddenly I felt something being pulled over my shoulders. I looked down to see that it was a blanket. Once I looked back up I saw that Jacob stood beside me but he wasn't looking at me. Wow, she's that angry with me. 

"Thank you," I said to him but he didn't reply. He wore a navy blue shirt, black pants, and a black leather jacket. He knows how to pull off the bad boy look. It was silent between us and lasted for the next 10 minutes before something very embarrassing happened. My stomach growled. Well, it makes sense. I haven't eaten in 2 days. "Come on. Your Aunt Mariah and Uncle Ted stopped by earlier when you were sleeping and they dropped off some food for you," He said but didn't give me the chance to reply. He just walked off. 

Well, I guess tonight won't be so interesting after all. 

***************************************************

Don't forget to vote, follow and leave a comment. 

Also, allow me on Instagram @access._granted_jr321 and Snapchat @Ixxyboo 

XOXO

Izzy