Chapter 12

Ellie's P.O.V

I can't believe that this is happening. I'm fighting the legendary Iron Fist, and I'm not losing....yet.

He's quick and I had difficulties trying to keep up with him. He blocked most of my moves but I managed to hurt him a little bit, nothing extreme sadly. He came at me fast. So fast that I had to step back each time until my back hit a wall. He plucked the sword in the direction of my left shoulder and I quickly reacted by blocking it as I did that he took a step close to wrap his hand around my throat.

"Your brave, strong even but you're also foolish for coming and facing me. Now it'll be the last thing that you do," he said to me through grit teeth. I am not going down like this. With that thought in mind, I head-bumped him in the nose and he stumbled back. While he was distracted I kicked him in the stomach which caused him to fall to the ground.

"That's where you're wrong," I said while panting. "I came here on a mission and I plan to complete it even if it means going through you and dying by your hands. I go down fighting," he laughed a humorless laugh as he made his way to his feet. "Nice speech," He got back into a fighting stance. "Round two," At lightning speed, he lunged at me and I just barely had enough time to react. He has his powers to his advantage. I know I can't beat him. He's a powerful wizard but before that, he was the best swordsman. If it was a regular wolf I could take him on ...easily.

Then I had an idea.

I saw the attack coming but I did nothing to stop it. He slammed me into the wall in the far corner hard. Creating a huge dent in the process. I grunt in pain as I feel like my back is broken. But I can still move so that's a good thing. He stacked up to me like a predator stalking its prey. I spit out the blood that was in my mouth. Then I did the unthinkable. I laughed at him. He gave me a confused look before it turned into an angry one. "Why are you laughing?" He asked with the emotionless tone he used on me earlier. "Is this how the great and powerful Iron Fist fights his battle? With Magic? Wow, you are even weaker than I thought," To be honest I was panicking. I didn't show it but I was. If looks could kill I would be dead by now. 

"I can still defeat you even without my magic," he said and I smirked at him. "Prove it, " I said and quickly lunged at him with the remaining strength I had. All you could hear were the sounds of our blades hitting against each other like a hammer hitting a metallic object. That by the way is annoying. 

I knew that no matter what Iron Fist always wins his battles with magic or without it. I just wanted this to be fair and that maybe I have a chance to defeat him. If I can't defeat him then I would have to think of something else and quick. It's almost sunrise. 

"You might be the best warrior in the werewolf land but I am a hundred times better than you," he started saying. "That's only if I been brought to my knees," I said as I aimed for his chest and he just barely blocked it.

"Well if it's on your knees that will break you, then it's on your knees you shall be," he said as he aimed for my right shoulder. I dodged it but didn't expect a hit to the face with his elbow.  I stumbled back and he use that to his advantage as he kicked me in the stomach and I fell to the ground.  I got back up on my feet as quickly as possible but it was too late. 

The next thing I knew is that vines came out of nowhere and were wrapped around my hands keeping me down. I looked up at Iron Fist and saw that he held his sword right under my chin with a smirk on his face. "I thought we agreed on no magic," I glared at him as I spoke. "No, we didn't. According to you, if I brought you down on your knees without magic your defeated...and that is exactly what I did," he replied with a smirk. He removed his sword from my chin.

"I only used my magic to make the vines appear to hold you down," he continued while I just glare at him. "So why don't you just finish the job," I said to him in a harsh voice. "Oh, poor Ellie. I didn't wrap these vines around you to just kill you. I did it because you are the first person who has ever lasted this long against me. The first one who came with determination and fire. I'm curious to know why," he kneeled in front of me.