Chapter 18

Ellie's P.O.V

I wiped the blood from my mouth as I walked into my house. Instead of going into the pack house where I would most likely see Alpha Brian, Luna Aubrey, and Uncle Ted I made a U-turn to my house. I gotta say, Alice, can through a punch. No surprise. Alice and I go way back, before I am to become the next Enforcer of the pack.

Don't think that we were friends and all that because we weren't. She was always quiet and she kept herself to herself. She was hard-headed, determined, and dedicated to the pack. She is also the daughter of an alpha. A weak one I might add but she left her pack and joined ours. She visits her pack sometimes but she mostly stayed with us. She was always second in our class and I was always first. She trained so she could one day become the best female warrior but she lost against me.  Even before then she hated me like poison. Alice never liked the idea of always coming second and thought just because I was the Enforcer's daughter I was getting "special treatment" when that wasn't true. Uncle Ted trained me just like how he trained everyone else. He worked us hard so that we were the best.

When Alice and I were fighting in the ring on the day of the match she put up a good fight and I was bruised badly. She fought dirty but there were no rules so it was expected. She would've won if I hadn't gotten up when the clock countdown strikes one. I never wanted the best female warrior in the werewolf community I just didn't like to be beaten and hear her brag about beating my ass. I don't like to lose.

I won that match obviously and she claimed that I cheated and her hatred for me grew. She wants blood and we all know it. Sometimes even after the match, she would run up on me when I'm not looking or when I'm sleeping. Alpha Brian even used his alpha tone on her but it doesn't work on her due to her being a part of the alpha bloodline as well so instead he threatened to have her kicked out and it stopped for a while.

Anyways, she left for a good year and I thought she wouldn't come back but I guess I was wrong. The next best warrior competition is not until I'm dead or when I become of age. So unless I'm dead she can't have my title. I walked to my bedroom to take a long shower. After I came out of the bathroom I put on some clothes. I chose a tank top and sweat shorts to wear seeming as though I'm not going anywhere. I had my hair up into a messy bun even though it was still wet.

I made my way downstairs to get something to eat. There was a knock on my door as soon as I got into the kitchen. I opened the door and saw that it was Jacob. Then I remembered that he wants to go out for my birthday. "Oh I forgot about that," I said as I opened the door wider. 

"That's ok actually," he said as he closed the door and held up a picnic basket, and put it on the counter. "I thought we could have a picnic instead," he said with a smile. I narrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion and folded my arms. "Why?" I asked even though I'm grateful. I don't feel like going out. "Well, I just thought that after what happened you wouldn't want to go out and all. Am I wrong?" He asked with a worried face.

"Surprisingly your quite right," I said with a small smile creeping on my face and he returned it with a smile of his own. We held each other's gaze for what felt like an eternity. Those ocean-blue eyes drew me in. Eyes that look so calming but if you look closer you see the mysteries behind them. Eyes of how the oceans look after a storm. Why do I always get sucked into them?

"Hey you ok there?" he asked, snapping me out of the trance that I was in. "Yeah, I'm fine um what's in the basket?" I asked him pointing at the basket. "It's a surprise. You don't get to know what's in this basket until you've changed and are ready for the picnic," he said in a playful tone as he blocked my way to the basket. I smiled and stood up straighter. 

"Ok, I'll get ready," I said as I made my way upstairs to change. I quickly changed into a green jumper suit and a black sleeveless blouse. I pulled the right strap of the jumper is off though.
I quickly blow-dried my hair and fixed it into a neat high bun. I didn't bother with makeup I just added some lip gloss.  I never usually do this but right now I just felt like it. After I'm finished I just wore black fluffy slippers and made my way downstairs. I found Jacob setting up the picnic near by the pool as since it was almost dark out he is lighting some candles. Wow, he came prepared.