Chapter 34

Third Person's P.O.V

Ellie's sister, whose name I do know but will not mention at this point of the story, was sitting inside a hospital room on a hospital bed waiting for one of the doctors to arrive to tend to her wounds which she got from fighting Ellie in the forest. In the right-hand corner, a warrior is watching her every move without blinking. No, they did not trust her so a warrior will be with her at all times. After her wounds are done being attend to, the warrior will then escort her to her cell under the packing house. After a couple of minutes of waiting, a doctor came through the door, It was Jake. Jake is the pack doctor who always attends to Ellie's wounds and always treated Ellie as if she was his little sister. Those two have a very special bond. 

During the past 3 years that Ellie has been through Jake is the only person that has seen the many bruises that Ellie has. Wounds that she hides from her family. He's like the big brother that Ellie never had. But back to the story at hand. Jake walked into the room and immediately the two wolves in the room held eye contact. Now you would think that this is normal but if you paid attention you would realize that both their eyes widened in shock and they both took in a breath. After that, it didn't take a genius to know that they were mates. 

No one said anything for a while but Jake was the first one to snap back to reality. He cleared his throat and faced the warrior that was still standing in the room. "Leave us," Jake said to him and he left. Jake walked up to his mate with a clipboard in his hand. He started to review the clipboard knowing full well that his mate was watching him. To be honest he was trying his best to review what was on the clipboard. With his mate watching him so intensely, he found it hard to focus on the words that are on the piece of paper. 

"So you're the one who put Ellie in the hospital," he stated to her. She looked taken aback by what he just said as she was not expecting him to say that. She did not know how to respond to that as her thoughts drifted to what Ellie was to him and so on. Once he was done with the clipboard he placed it on the chair further away from the bed and then turned back to his mate. "My name is Doctor Steven but everyone calls me Jake. I realized that on your file your name is not on it. May I know your name," he said as professionally as he could. 

Now I know what you thinking. If they're mates why aren't they hugging over the roof or started the mate bond yet? Yes, that is normally what happened and would've happened if Jake didn't remember that she is the one who was responsible for putting Ellie in here the last time. He remembered how much blood was coming from her lower abdomen and how much he couldn't stop it after a couple of minutes. Every time the heart monitor beeping then a long pause before you hear another beep again. It was scary for him to have to watch her keep fighting to stay awake and almost lose. That's one of the disadvantages of being a doctor. Not every patient will make it. 

Don't get it wrong, Jake is happy that he found his mate or his mate found him, no, being happy is an understatement. He is ecstatic about finding his mate. But he doesn't know what he should feel because his mate is the one who's responsible for putting someone he cares about in the hospital. How is he to feel about that? 

Ellie's sister, on the other hand, doesn't know how to feel about her mate. She's happy, she's scared, she's terrified. Happy because she never thought she had a mate. Scared because what if he wants to start a new life with her, would she be ready to start a life with someone? Terrified because what if he rejected her? So many thoughts ran through her head. But what she didn't know is that that's what all girls think when they find their mates. When he asked her for her name a wave of fright went through her body. What if when I give him my name he rejected me? She thought. What if he doesn't like rogues too? Her thoughts went on. 

"Tina," she said. She hated that the first words that she's ever spoken to her mate were a lie but it was her way of making sure that he won't reject her. They held eye contact for a while and Jake narrowed his eyes at her for a second. He then frowned and shook his head. "No it's not," he whispered to himself but she heard him. "Your name is not Tina," he said and her heart just went skyrocketing. It beat so loudly in her chest that she was sure that he heard it. How did he know? She asked herself. Then she started to wonder what will he do now that he knows that she was lying. 

"But you don't have to tell me your name if you don't want to. I shall call you Tina if you wish," he said then started to attend to her wounds. He put on his gloves and got to work. We all know that yours suppose to put on gloves when treating a patient but in this case, there is another explanation for him to wear gloves. It prevents the skin to skin contact which is a stage that mates go through to complete the mate bond. Ellie's sister was disappointed when she saw that he had on gloves but she couldn't do anything about it. 

These two are in for one hell of a ride. 

Enforcer Ted's P.O.V

After escorting Ellie's sister to the hospital I came back home by myself. Mariah wanted to try and talk to Ellie but I knew that her attempt would be futile. Ellie is angry with me and I know that. I know that she will need time away from me for a while and I know that she will question herself and blame herself for everything. I know her. I know my pup. Ever since that night that I found Ellie at the Eastern Borders, I have been haunted by the fact that I may have left behind a child who needed a home. I couldn't see clearly because the rain was so heavy and I didn't even hear a heartbeat...but I had my suspicion. 

Once I told the Alpha, I went back to the Eastern Border to try and maybe get a scent but there was none because the rain washed it away. I tried looking for clues that another life was outside the borders. As soon as I got permission to look beyond the borders I went five miles away from the pack. I even ask the neighboring pack if anyone has claimed a new pack member within the past 48 hours but they all said no. 

I tried but my attempts were futile. I didn't tell Ellie because I thought I was protecting her. I didn't want her to grow up thinking that she lost a sister or a brother when she was just a few months old. I didn't want her to be haunted by that thought. But now I know that I should've. I should have told her everything and trusted that she was strong enough to handle it. We could've avoided all this and focused more on the threat that the pack faced. But right now 2 the pack leaders are drowning in their own emotions. Right now I'm on the balcony looking at the night sky, praying silently to the mood goddess that she will help us and give us the strength to get through this dilemma that we are facing now. 

I've always been a strong believer in the mood goddess and I pray to her every night before I go to bed and I always thank her for every little blessing. The greatest blessing of all was when she gave us Ellie and I will always look at her and smile because I knew from the moment that I held her, she was mine. My child, my pup. I heard the room door open and I knew my mate came back. I walked back into the room with a slightly hopeful face. I knew it was a long shot but I was just hoping. Once I saw the frown on her face I knew that it was just wishful thinking. 

Before I knew it I had my mate in my arms, rubbing her back as she broke down. "She was so angry," she said through her sobs. It broke my heart to see me mate but it broke my heart even more because I know that I'm the one who did. I cause all of this. As that thought settled I hugged my mate a little tighter. We sat down on the couch that was in our bedroom we held each other in comfort. My mind wonders to Ellie now. I wonder where she is and how much time it will take for her to speak to me. No, I'm not gonna wait for her to talk to me. I want her to understand what happened that night. I want her to hear my side of the story. I know that she is angry with me and an explanation is the last thing that she wanna hear but I need her to hear this. 

I don't know how long I sat down on the couch with my mate but her sobbing stopped. I looked down and saw that she had fallen asleep. I sigh, remembering what I just put her through with Ellie. I picked her up and brought her to our bed. I looked out at the night sky again from our balcony and gave another silent prayer to the moon before going to the other side of the bed with my mate. First thing in the morning, I will go look for Ellie. But right now my mate needs me. With that thought in mind, I hugged my mate from behind. She started to move so I loosened my grip on her until she turned to rest her head on my chest. I slipped my hand around their waist and kissed her forehead before closing my eyes with my daughter on my mind.