Chapter 29

Ellie's P.O.V 

We headed downstairs and went into my kitchen where Jacob took out the container of food that Aunt Mariah brought by earlier to warm up and I sat down on the stool around the island. I sat there and watched Jacob as he go about preparing the food for me to eat. He didn't speak to me, he didn't even turn around to face me. When he put the food in the microwave he still has his back turned to me. Enough of this. "Jacob," I called out to him but he didn't reply to me nor did he move. 

I sigh before I took off the blanket that was around my shoulders and walked up to him. He still didn't move. He stayed rooted in his spot. Leaning on the counter while looking straight at the granite countertop. I turned back to the counter and leaned on it and fold my arms across my shoulders. "I'm sorry I made you worry, made everyone worry. I didn't think that I would end up in the hospital just by fighting three rogues. I'm a warrior of this pack for goddess sake, I've fought tougher battles. I should've been able to handle three lousy rogues," I started and that's when he decided to talk back to me. "Don't you think I know that!" He exclaimed when he turned to look at me. 

"I know why you went at it alone. My mother explained to me a few things about you. But even if it was just three lousy rogues why didn't you call for backup when things got out of hand?" He asked me and I looked away from him."Because it didn't," I said and he became quiet. I didn't have to look at him to realize that he was confused. "What is that supposed to mean?" He asked me. "Exactly that," I looked back at him. "Everything was under control except me. I wasn't in control," even if I don't know what happened myself I should tell him. He already knows happening to me anyways. 

"That fire burns in the forest, that was all me. I did that when that female rogue that I stopped you from killing the other day got me angry,"

"How did she manage to do that?" he asked me. "She started to say some things that got me thinking that it may be true and when she mentioned that...the people that I care about I got mad and I release hell on her. Literally," I stopped myself when I realized that I was about to say that when she mention his name and I got angry. 

I told him everything. About how the girl thought she was my sister, how she had some kind of ice powers or something. I told him about the fight that happened and how I got injured. "I was filled with so much rage that it fueled me," I wasn't looking at him at this point, I'm afraid he'll think I'm a monster which is strange because I never cared what others think of me until now. I can tell that he listening carefully and I could feel his eyes on me the entire time. 

"It fueled the fire inside me and took it all out on her," at this point, I try to wipe any emotion from my face so that he won't see how much it affects me because it did. I'm not ashamed of what I did I'm just afraid that I will lose control and lash out at someone I care about. "I hurt her friends just barely but her...I wanted to hurt her to the point where not even her werewolf healing could help her. I wanted to kill her...and I was gonna kill her Jacob. I was ready for the final blow but then I hesitated. My senses came back to me and I realized what I have done. In that moment of weakness, she and her friends strike. I knew that I was angry and the thoughts that I had were unfamiliar to me because even if you were my enemy I would never have that kinds of thoughts. It's like I wasn't myself. I don't know what's happening to me but one thing is for sure," I said before I looked up to face Jacob but he wasn't looking at me. 

"I'm glad that they injured me," I told him and his head snapped up at me. I can tell that he is confused by how his eyebrow is furrowed. "If I was still angry then I wouldn't care if I bleed out. I would've gone after them and I would've surely killed her," I went back around the island to sit waiting for Jacob to say something. He's been quiet since I told him what happened. I played with my fingers for what seemed like 30 minutes when it was only just three when he decided to break the silence. 

"Your sister," he said to me though it seem as though he said it to himself. "I don't have a sister," I said immediately after he spoke those words. He snapped his head at me and then raised an eyebrow. I took a deep breath before replying once more. "I mean what she said couldn't have been true. She just wanted to get into my head," I explained. "But she did get into your head otherwise you wouldn't have reacted the way you did, "I looked away from him. I seem to be doing a lot of that lately, I don't like it. But I do it a lot because I know that he was right and I have a hard time admitting that he is. 

"There is a part of you that believes her or at least wants to believe her."

"Even if that's true," I trailed off as I turned towards him. "I let her get away," 

"She came onto our land twice, she'll be back," he replied and I release a heavy breath before nodding to him. Agreeing with him. He's right she'll be back. "But Ellie, she participated in the attack on the pack and almost killed you. So when she shows her face anywhere near my borders again I won't show her any other kindness other than the ones you get behind the cell doors covered with wolfsbane," he said in a tone that would make anyone shiver. I nod my head again telling him that I got the message and I understand what he's saying. 

"Now about these powers of yours," he said as he came up to the island and leaned against in it in front of me. "Do you have any control over them whatsoever?" he asked me. I was listening carefully when he asked that question. I was trying to hear if there is any fear within his tone to tell if he is afraid of me because of what I did in the forest. But I can't sense anything. Not one emotion. "The only thing that I know is that I can use my power when I'm angry. They only work when I'm angry. And when I am I have no control over what I do," 

"Then how did you stop before killing that female rogue?" he asked me.

"I don't know I just realized what I was doing was wrong and I started to gain control. They took that as a perfect time to attack and they strike," I replied to him and he pondered on everything that I said, for a while. That time my stomach growled again. I just remembered that I didn't eat anything. The container of food is still in the microwave which is probably cold again. I got up to attend to the food in the microwave and checked if it was still hot. It was cold so I put it back in for another minute. I didn't want it extremely hot. I turned back around to face Jacob to see that he was already looking at me.

"You need to stay in control at all times which means that you can not get angry," 

"I know," I replied to him as I folded my arm across my chest. 

"Ellie, I know that you have considered this and think that it is best to not tell them but don't you think it's time for Ted and Mariah to know?" he asked me, and to be honest I have thought about that. This has been going on for almost a month and a half now and they deserve to know what's going on in my life. I mean they did raise me and been with me through everything so I think it's time they know. 

"Yes, they do. I'll tell them at the same time I tell everyone else. I don't wanna tell the same story twice," I told him just before the microwave beeped. I took out my food and started eating it before it gets cold again. 

**********************************************************************************

Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as you enjoyed the others. Don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

XOXO 

Izzy