Chapter 17

Jacob's P.O.V

Ellie and I are walking back silently to the pack house. I still can't believe that it's her birthday. I wonder what I should get her. Does she like going to the movies? or ice cream? What is it? Usually, when I'm on a date with Ashley I could get her books because it was obvious that she loves them so much. And she wanted to be a librarian.

I know it's boring but it's what she wanted and I supported the idea. But with Ellie. She's not easy to read. She always has on this blank face and cold expression that pushes people away. I know for a fact that she loves fighting and sparring with her friend or adopted dad.

I barely know anything about Ellie other than what people already know. She's a good warrior, the best female warrior in werewolf history, she was rejected by her mate and is now in a state where she can die easily yet it seems so hard to keep her down on her knees. 

"So what do you want to do today? It is after all your birthday," I asked her and she just shrug her shoulders. "Anything, it doesn't matter," she replied. Well, I can tell she never gets out much to enjoy things around her.

"How about we go to the movies and we get some ice cream or pizza or burgers or we can go to the beach," I said quickly.

"We are in a werewolf territory. The closest beach is in human territory and is like 9 hours away. Not that I don't mind traveling around a lot but really? Just to go to the beach?" She questioned. We are now coming up the little hill that the pack house is on.

"It is your birthday so it's worth it. Come on it will be a lot of fun. After the beach we'll go to the movies then burgers, pizza, and ice cream are for dessert. And if you want we can add cake," she laughed. A sound that I will forever cherish because it was music to my ears.  I smiled at the sound. "Then," I started again as I turned around to face the pack house again, and then I felt the wind against my face moving at a fast motion. It didn't take me long to realize that it was an arrow shot passed me.

I turned around to face Ellie in terror only to see that she stopped the arrow with her bare hands before it hit her in the right eye. I release a breath of relief but she looked like she wasn't even fazed as she throw the arrow on the ground.

She looked up at the top of the hill and glared. I followed her gaze and saw a woman who looked the same age as Ellie holding down her bow. She smirked at Ellie though as if they were long-term best friends.

"Alice," Ellie muttered but I managed to hear. The girl who is known as Alice smirked at Ellie once again before leaving. I growled at the disrespect that was handed to me. I was about to go to Alice and remind her of who she just disrespected. My wolf and I do not like it when someone disrespects us. But before I could my dad's mind linked me yelling at me to meet him in his office in 5minutes.

I turned back to Ellie and saw that she was already looking at me. I think my mind is playing tricks on me because I could have sworn I saw a slight blush form on her cheeks. I wonder what she was thinking about. "I have to meet with my dad first before we can go. I'm sure it won't take long," I said to her and she just shrugged it off.

"It's ok. Take your time. You know where to find me if you need me," she said and walked off in the same direction as that girl named Alice.

So she's gonna be in the training grounds.

I walked into the pack house and towards my father's office. "Father," I said as I walked in. He looked up from the papers on his desk and looked at me. "Son," he replied and gestured for me to sit with his hands as he turned back to the papers on his desk.

I sat down and waited 5minutes until he finally put down his pen and take off his glasses. "Let's go for a walk," he said and I stood up and we began walking.