Chapter 4

Ellie's P.O.V

I'm still staring at dark, cold forest trees. In between the trees has a little light mixed with the dark. It makes you scared to even move close to it yet it makes you wonder what's behind it. It's now midnight and I'm still in the same place, the same position as I was. I'm cold but not as cold as I want to be. I have no control over my healing because that's my wolf's doing. Any kind of pain that I'm feeling my wolf will take it away no matter what. It's their instinct to protect their human.

My wolf is healing me slowly so I won't be cold enough to freeze to death. And let's not forget about the wound on my neck. I've sat here for an hour or so trying to figure out ways to let my wolf. So far I haven't gotten anywhere. I don't even understand what is causing Lizzy to lose strength. It's been three years. So why is this happening right now? It looked like it was past midnight when I decided that it was time to go back to the pack house. 

It took me almost 15 minutes to get back and when I did I spot warriors everywhere. Some protected the pack house and some moved about with weapons arranging themselves in groups. What's going on? I asked myself before I spot Uncle Ted talking to a group of young warriors before sending them off. "Uncle Ted," I called out as I jogged towards him. He release a breath of relief and meet me halfway but what surprised me was that he hugged me.

"Where were you, Ellie? You weren't responding through the mind link and you didn't have your cell phone," he said looking worried. "I'm fine. I was just in the woods. What's going on here?" I asked referring to the warriors moving up and about. "After I couldn't find you and no one has been in contact with you since the hospital we assembled a search party for you but with no luck. Ellie, we were so worried about you," he said and hugged me again.

"I'm sorry I did that. I didn't know. I wanted to be alone for a while. Anyways, now that I'm back and not lost," I chuckled lightly to lighten the mood. "Why don't you call everyone back," 

It took him a minute to call everyone back and immediately I saw Aunt Mariah run out of the pack house towards us. Once she was close enough she embraced me in a tight hug. Yup, you can always count on Aunt Mariah to squeeze the life out of you. "Oh my God Ellie. Where were you? What happened? Did you even eat something?" She said while she still had me in a bone-crushing hug. "Can't. Breathe," I manage to get out and uncle Ted chuckled. "Mariah, let her breathe," he said to her and after a few seconds, she finally did. I took in a large breath afterward because I was not kidding about her hugs being tight. 

"I just went out for a run in the woods to have some quiet time. I didn't realize the time and I'm sorry for worrying you," I said to her and gave her a reassuring smile. She hugged me again then we walked to the pack house but Uncle Ted stayed behind to make sure that every warrior got back safe.

"Alpha Brian,  Luna Audrey, Jacob," I said and bowed my head in respect as I reached inside the pack house. "Ellie, are you OK?," Luna Audrey was the first to hug me as I was close enough. I've been close with the Alpha family growing up but I rarely ever see Jacob. I remember one time when we were kids we didn't like each other's company because he complained that I was gonna become the future Enforcer of the pack and when he was alpha he will demote me to an omega. After that day I never wanted to talk to or even see him again. I avoid him any chance I got and vice versa I guess.

Even then Alpha Brian and Luna Audrey kept coming over to the house to check up on us and sometimes join us for dinner on Sundays. We stayed close even though Jacob and I didn't get along. But those stopped three years ago when my mate rejected me. I stop attending those dinners and family outings. I busy myself in whatever I can.

"You should have something to eat and get some rest. You all should, " Alpha Brian said snapping me back to reality and this time Uncle Ted was beside Aunt Mariah and me. I guess all the warriors are home. I nod at the alpha family and made my way to my old bedroom in the pack house. "I'm going to take a shower, OK? I haven't changed these clothes since the fight," I told Aunt Mariah and she nod her head.