Chapter 14

Ellie's P.O.V

Darkness was all I could see that was around me. I don't know where I am but it was calming yet scary.

Am I dead?

Probably

It was warm and soothing...it makes me feel like I wanna stay here. Wherever here is. But at least here, I feel free. It's hard to explain and it's hard to comprehend but that's how I feel. I feel like I can do anything in here.

Am I dead?

I repeated but then I just realized that I still have my wolf, Lizzy which means I'm still alive. So if I'm still alive then where am I?

All I remember was fighting a group of rogues to help save my pack and then I ran to Miranda's house because I realized that I was running out of time to reach Miranda's house. I failed. I missed the deadline and now I can't help Lizzy. I appeared weak and desperate and she took advantage of that and at that cost, I lost the wand and killed Lizzy.

At that point, I didn't care where I am anymore or if I'm still alive. It's better if I just stay here. Away from everyone else and spend my last moments with Lizzy.

I looked down at my feet in disappointment but then I sensed that something was watching me. I quickly looked up and turned around but saw nothing. Is there anyone here?

Then I heard a sword being pulled out of something. I sensed the person ready to strike at me but I dodged its move, quickly grabbed its arms, and twisted it to make him or her drop the sword forcefully. I elbowed him/her in the stomach and flipped him/her over my shoulder and he/she dropped onto its back. I quickly grabbed the sword and plunged into its chest.

The person had a hoodie over their head. I slowly removed it and to say I was shocked was an understatement. When I removed the hoodie, I saw myself. The next thing I knew was that the dead bodies disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

What the heck is happening?

I sensed someone coming at me at a fast pace but the time I turned around I felt the sharp object go through my stomach. I dropped the sword in the process. I looked up and saw the hooded figure who was supposedly me but not this time.

It was Jacob.

I shot awake, panting and sweating. I felt someone's hands on mine trying to soothe me but I didn't look at them. Then a scent caught my nose. Pinecones and Firewood. Slowly I turned to face Jacob. "Your awake," he said, stating the obvious while offering me a smile. I sat up slowly and took I'm my surrounding. It looks like we're in Miranda's house.

"Here, drink some water," he said as he grabbed the glass of water that was on the ground beside the couch that I'm on. "No I'm ok," I politely declined. As if on cue, Miranda walked. As she saw that I was awake she smiled at me, I looked away from her. I have this feeling that she didn't want to help me in the first place. I feel that she used me to get that stupid wand of hers so she can torture someone's life or something. Yet even with all that she stood right in front of me with a billion-dollar smile on her face as if she won a gold medal for the world's most well know wicked witch contest.

"Well, it's good to see that your awake," she said with a sweet voice. I looked up at her with a deadly glare. "Now now none of that now Ellie, unless you don't want to know what's happening to you," she threatened. I clenched my teeth and my hand turned into a fist and my glare remains just less deadly.

"What happened to me?" I asked. The question was direct to Miranda since Jacob didn't know anything and then I realized something. He stayed. He didn't know anything yet still he stayed with me. He was scared, terrified even, I could tell by the way his eyes brightened and by the fact that even though he was trying to calm me down but tried to not get close to me. He stayed and that thought made a warmth spread through my chest.