Chapter 33

Ellie's P.O.V 

I've been in the gym for at least an hour now without any distractions working on the fourth punching bag that I could find. These past few months have not been so easy for me. With every problem, there is a punch. I found out that my wolf will be leaving me soon

Punch 

Then I had to fight Iron Fist to get a witch's staff to save my wolf only to be double-crossed by her. 

Punch 

Then I found out that I had these newfound fire powers and I have no way of controlling them. 

Punch, punch, punch

Now I got a sister. And she's a rogue. 

Punch

The worse part is that my uncle knew about this and he didn't tell me. 

Punch Punch 

He knew how much I wanted a sibling. I stopped punching to catch my breathe.

Whenever I was younger I would ask him and Aunt Mariah to adopt another baby but they said no because they aren't sure they'll have the time to tend to the baby. As I got older I still kept asking but the answer is always the same no matter how much I tried to convince them that I was responsible enough to take care of it but the answer stays the same. Maybe he just didn't want to be reminded of the baby they turned their backs on. 

Was I also a reminder of that too? Did Aunt Mariah know about this too? But the real question is, Was he ever gonna tell me? I started to get angry again and with all my might I punched the punching bag in the center and my hand went straight through. Sand fell from the bag to my feet but I didn't bother to change it. What's the point anyways? Without thinking I did the one thing that I never thought I would do again. I screamed. I screamed so loud that the entire packing house could hear me. I screamed because I feel hurt, and lied to. But I can't even say that they lied because they never told me. After I did I felt exhausted. I drew in heavy breaths as I took a step away from the punching bag. 

It was then I felt someone's presence in the room with me. "Did you know?" I asked. Instead of answering, she took steps toward me. Once she was close enough she reached for my shoulder but I shrugged her hand off. "You have to understand that your uncle never meant for this to happen? He didn't wanna leave her," she said as she tried to make me understand. What she doesn't know is that I do understand but that does not mean that I won't be angry. "So you did know, and you guys kept it from me," I turned around to face her. She had tears in her eyes at this point. Seeing her like this breaks my heart but I don't have it in me to comfort her. "We thought it was best. We were trying to spear you the heartache of losing a sibling," 

"It doesn't matter how upset I would be or how much it will hurt because I know that once I was of age I would go looking for her," I raised my voice a bit, and once I realized that I bite my tongue. "How? You wouldn't know what she looked like or what kind of scent she has," she said to me. "I would've figured something, Aunt Mariah," The tears were starting to come to my eyes and she was trying so hard to hold in her sobs. "I would've - " my voice cracked and that did it for me. The tears just kept coming and my heart just felt so heavy. I turned away from Aunt Mariah and tried to get myself together. 

Even though I wasn't a hundred percent or even fifty percent better I turned around. I looked at the ground while I collected my thoughts. "You and Uncle Ted wanted to spear me the pain of losing a sibling, but there's one thing that you guys didn't account for," I said as I looked up to face her with a blank expression. "I can't lose something I never had," then I walked out of the gym. 

A few seconds after I walked out I felt another presence behind me. I stopped walking to focus on the scent. Once I caught onto it I was shocked, to say the least. "You shouldn't be so hard on them you know," Christian said as he stood in front of me. "Please no more, it's too much," I said as I walked past him and down the hallway to my room. "I know but you need to hear this," he said as he speed-walked and stopped in front of me again. "If it's about my parents then I don't need to hear anything, especially from you," I walked passed him again but he walked in front of me again. "Look, you have every right to be upset with them," he started. "Glad we agree on something," I said as I walked passed him again. "Would you please just listen to me for once!" he exclaimed at me for once. 

"Why! Huh?" It is time to address something that should've been addressed a year ago. I turned back around to face him now to tell him off because it just seems like today is not my day. "Why should I listen to a word you say after a year?" I asked him but he did not reply. "After that year you have ignored me, erased me from your life, mind me and my opinion, and treated me less than an equal. So tell me, Christian, why should I listen to you?" 

"Because I'm sorry," he looked sincere when he said it but I didn't believe him for a second. Christian and I dated last year. I attempted to move on with my life. I became used to the idea that I could be with someone else and have a second chance mate. Christian and I got close after bumping into each other at this club for werewolves. He was getting over a girl and was trying to get drunk until he saw me and thought it'll be a good idea to flirt with me. I didn't fall for his tactic though. Once he saw that I wasn't we began to have a conversation. We had fun and decided to hang out. We became friends then slowly we got into a relationship. I knew we weren't gonna last long because we were just too different. He likes to flirt and I was ...insecure and I was angry all the time when he does it. I told him but he said it was playful. I didn't believe him. You can't expect me not to have trust issues after my mate rejected me. 

Anyways to cut a long story short, he got drunk at that same club after a couple of months into the relationship and had sex with one of the female bartenders there. I went looking for him when he didn't show up at our spot and found him in one of the upstairs bedrooms with her. So 2 guys cheated on me in less than 3 years. I guess have the worst luck with guys. Looking at him now, apologizing to me, after a year just made me angry. Everyone is just making me angry today. 

"You're a year too late," I said to him. "I know and I am so sorry about that too," he took a step closer to me but I didn't move. He won't do anything anyways. "I was a jerk forever cheating on you Ellie. I was - " he started, "Let me guess, you were young and stupid," I cut him off by saying. He sigh after I said that and lowered his head. So I'm guessing that was exactly what he was gonna say. I scoffed at him. "Look I don't need your apology ok. I've been through a lot those last two years and what you did only added to what I was already feeling. So forgive me for being angrier than how I was at that club or when we were in a relationship," he narrowed his eyebrows at me for some reason. As if he's not understanding a thing that I just said but I continued talking. "So don't talk to me a year or so later saying that you're sorry because I don't wanna hear it," he started to step away from me. This time I was the confused one. 

"So you were telling the truth," it was then I realized that I was on fire. Literally. I wasn't burning and it didn't hurt or anything and my clothes were not burned either. I looked back at Christian and saw that he was still in shock and I gotta say I was too. I didn't know I could do this. Then I don't what happened but the fire went away. Just like that, it was gone. 

How did I do that?

************************************

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you like the story so far. 

Izzy