Chapter 40

Ellie's P.O.V

The lock on the cell doors opens and the guard that I am with opens the cell revealing my sister behind it. DNA results came back and it proved that she is my actual, sister. I got the call this morning when Christian and I were at my house. Nothing happened if that's what you're thinking. He followed me home, I took a shower, I offered him a drink and we talked for a little while and then I got the call for the test results. 

Christian and I parted ways once we got back to the pack house. I don't know where he went but I went to the underground cells to talk with my sister. The doors opened I let myself in. My sister, whose name I still don't know, is leaning on the wall in the corner. She was still in the same black pants and shirt that she had on two days ago. "You sure took your time to visit," she stated as she went to sit down on the small bed in the center of the cell. "Well I had a lot to process and a life to live," I sat down on the chair in front of her bed. Her cell wasn't nearly as bad as the others. Sure she has the rusty walls and the wolfsbane cell doors but that's all. She gets fed every 4 hours, has a restroom with a door to give her the privacy she needs, and a little sitting area to read books and such. 

I guess this was Jacob's doing. 

"Does your life includes your Alpha," it wasn't much of a question, more like a statement but it didn't phase me. "We're not here to talk about me," I simply put but leaned forward and rest her hands on her knees. "A little sisterly advice, it's not gonna work out. Might as well end it before it gets any further," she said before she laid back down on her bed again. 

"Trouble in paradise for you little sis," I said before I could stop myself. To be honest I didn't care if she had a love interest. I didn't know her well enough to care. But that seem to strike a nerve with her because she suddenly got quiet. 

Now there's something 

"There is," I taunt and she inhaled sharply. "How did you know that you are the oldest?" she asked instead. I don't mind the change of subject as long as things were going my way. "It's not that hard to figure out," I said as I stood up from my chair and made my way to the cell doors. "Wait," she called out and I stopped in my tracks. "W-where are you going?" she asked in a soft voice. 

"Scared of being alone aren't you little sister," I taunt again and she rolled her eyes. Is this what it's like to have a little sister? To tease her now and then? To make playful remarks about one another? 

"I'm not scared of being alone," she muttered but I caught onto it. "I know," even without looking at her, I could tell that she was glaring at me. "You just wanna get to know me," she scoffed and looked away but didn't correct me which made me believe that I was right. "What's your name?" I asked her as I turned to look at her. I didn't know if she was gonna tell me her real name because I heard from Jake that he told her something along the lines of 'Tiana,' or something but he thinks that she's lying. I don't know why he would think that but let's put that to the test. 

"Tina," she replied but as soon as she said it something didn't feel right. I felt uneasy. Out of curiosity, I used my heightened sense to tell if she was lying. It's weird knowing that my senses have heightened more than an average werewolf. Only Alphas are allowed to tell if someone is lying. But I figured I try it and put it to the test. I saw sweat starting to form on her forehead and I could hear the rapid beating of her heart which confirmed that she was not being truthful with me. But the question on my mind is how was Jake able to tell that she was lying. "No, your name's not Tina," she looked at me with widened eyes. "I -," 

"Don't lie to me," I interrupted her while holding her gaze. I am tired of people lying to me. Whether it's for my protection or theirs. I rather them tell me the truth no matter how much it hurts because I would rather face a thousand truths than live in a lie. I may not know her well enough and I plan on changing that but I am not gonna allow her to lie to my face.