Chapter 31

Jacob's P.O.V 

I ended the meeting early because everything was starting to get a little tense. Ever since Ted told Ellie about what happened that night I knew she was gonna get upset. How could she not? I would be if I knew I had a sibling but I never told of them. Mom and Dad told me this the night that I became Alpha. When I got home from the office so late speaking about what should happen the next day with Christian. They were up waiting for me. I wanted them to go out on vacation the day after I became Alpha but then Ellie ended up in the hospital and they refused to leave her side until she got better. They told me her story because they thought that as Alpha I should be aware of this. 

When I heard the story I was enraged. I was enraged because the people closest to Ellie lied to her about her childhood. They miss one most important part of it. A sibling. I remember countless times when Ellie and I talked she would mention how she wanted a sibling. She wanted to experience being irritated by their annoyance, she wanted to tell them "get out of my room" when they were being too nosy and so much more. Now they're telling me that she could've gotten that chance if Ted saved that baby. But I understand and I can't blame him for putting the pack first. Once I realized that I couldn't be angry at them anymore. 

But then they told me that I have to keep this a secret from her. That told her of a life that she dreamed of being real could have happened if her sister was a bit closer to her at the Eastern Borders. I was torn apart because I have to keep a secret from the girl that I like. That I have to lie to her about it. It will pain my heart to know that I will not tell her the truth but then again was it my truth to tell?

It took me a long time for Ellie to finally trust me but when she finds out that I'd been lying to her then she would shut me out. 

Right now we're all walking to the interrogation room where Ellie's sister was being held. We all stood outside of the interrogation room where we could see Ellie's sister through the glass tint mirror. We all knew she couldn't see us but she stared directly at the mirror. " I think you guys should go," I turned to my parents and said. They looked at me as if I had grown two heads. "No, we're not going anywhere. We need to see this through," My mother replied and my father nod his head. "Yes you are and no you don't. I'm sorry mom and dad but I'm the Alpha now and I don't need you guys being here every time watching my moves. Let me handle this," I told them. Dad let out a heavy sigh before he turned to me. 

"What about Ellie?" he asked. We were a fair distance away from the crowd so they could not hear us, especially Ellie. "Don't worry about Ellie she'll be fine. Just give her time to think and to clear her head," I told them and gave them a reassuring smile before they walked off. I turned to face Ted. Mariah did not come because this interrogation does not concern her and she isn't a part of the executive body. "Maybe you should go too," I said to him. He looked hesitant at first but I know he knows that right now it is for the best. He nod his head and left afterward. I went and joined the crowd. "So she just happens to stumble across our territory?" I asked the warrior that was present. "No, actually she just walked up to us and surrendered," We all looked at him in shock. This must be an ambush or something. Something doesn't add up. "This could be a trap. Have you interrogated her yourself?" Carl asked him. "Yes I have but she won't say anything. She keeps demanding to speak to Enforcer Ellie," he replied. 

I looked towards Ellie but she was just looking at her sister who was on the other side of the glass and still looking at the mirror. Should I say something to her? I know that she is mad at me and feel like I betrayed her. Should I take my advice and give her her space? Before I could decide on anything Christian already moved towards her and said something to her. He was whispering to her so I guess that means that he doesn't want us to hear. But I got curious and wanted to know what he was saying to her. I saw Ellie take a deep breath before entering the room. 

Christian walked up to us and took his place beside Carl again. "What did you say to her?" my curiosity got the better of me as I asked him. "Something she needed to hear?" was his only reply. I narrowed my eyes in confusion and was ready to ask more questions before that Ellie spoke. "What are you doing on my pack lands?" she asked and the girl chuckled lightly. "That's what you asked last time," she stated as she look down at her hands that were in handcuffs laced with wolf bane. "I'm not here for jokes. Answer my questions or I leave. Your choice," Ellie said to her and she glared at her. 

"Oh really now. Would you still leave if I told you what Kyle is planning?" she said, a little smirk coming onto her lips. I moved a bit closer to the mirror suddenly getting curious to hear what she has to say. Ellie remained quiet for a few seconds before she replied again. "I will ask again, what are you doing on pack lands?" she asked again. Her voice was a bit stronger than the last time she asked the question. The girl didn't flinch though. She stayed rooted in her spot. Well, this should be interesting to watch. 

Ellie's P.O.V

"I wanted to see my dear sister of course," I growled before I realized it. Even though I just found out that she is my sister but she's a rogue and I have to be very careful with that. Rogues are very sneaky and can trick you into anything. She grew up around rogues so she must've picked up a thing or two. Even if she is my sister, right now I can not treat her as one. Once I realized that I was not gonna get a straight answer from her I got up from my seat and headed to the door. "No wait," I stopped when I heard her voice. "I'll tell you everything," she said in a low whisper that I almost didn't catch that. Almost. 

I turned around to face her. "Why?" I asked her but stayed rooted to my spot. "Let's just say that Kyle ain't the leader I thought he was," she gave me a small smile before bowing her head. I began to get curious about what she meant by that. I sat back down in the seat in front of her. "Why are you now willing to tell us everything? And I warn you now, we know when you lying," I wanted to know if she was telling the truth or not. Even though there is an Alpha on the other side of the mirror that could still tell if she is lying. 

"Trust me, the last thing I wanna do is lie and get myself into a deeper hole that I can't crawl out of," she said under her breath but I still caught onto it. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked her again but she didn't elaborate. I release a sigh. "OK, tell me what Kyle's planning?"

******************************************

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you like!

Izzy