• three •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

"Okay, I wanna say this part." I said, pointing to the third paragraph, making Ned whine.

"I wanted to do that part!"

"Arm wrestle for it?" I asked, extending my arm, and both Peter and MJ looked amused, waiting for Ned's response.

"No, I don't want to make you look bad." He cowered out, making me laugh.

"Sure, that's why."

"It is!" He defended himself, and I smiled, taking a sip of my tea.

"Alright, you can say that paragraph then." I said, making Ned look at me, surprised.

"Really?"

"Sure." I shrugged it off, and my phone buzzed in my pocket, making me smirk.

I bet I know what that is.

Spiderboy should be admitting I'm a better Avenger than him, any time now.

"Hey kiddos, living here now too I see?" Tony asked, walking in the room with Clint, but I didn't know who Clint was.

Wink, wink.

"Apparently so, thankyou for being so hospitable, Mr Stark." I smiled, and both Ned and MJ nodded in agreement.

"We do appreciate it." MJ said, and I stood up, extending my hand to Clint.

"Hawkeye?" I asked, and he laughed, shaking my hand.

"Clint Barton, it's nice to meet you, Phoenix."

Oh, god.

"You know who I am?" I asked, feeling panicked, but the feeling quickly subsided when he shook his head.

"No." He laughed, gesturing between Tony and Peter.

"Just heard these knuckleheads talk about you, that's all."

"All good things I hope." I smiled, and he chuckled, along with Tony.

"All great things."

"Oh yeah?" I asked, looking at Peter, who was twiddling his thumbs and averting his gaze from me.

Interesting.

"Well, we better get going." Tony said, gesturing at Peter and I to say he's watching us, and winking before he left the room with Barton.

That's gonna become a regular occurrence, isn't it?

By that, I mean Tony and Clint making fun of Peter and I.

It's funny though, since they already make fun of me with someone else, they just don't know it.

They constantly tease Shadow and Spiderman.