• fourteen •

A.N - For age gap purposes, the five year gap will only be two!

N - For age gap purposes, the five year gap will only be two!

Phoenix Haynes

Since half of the universe was dusted away thanks to an ugly fucking alien clicking his fingers, I tried to make the best of my situation.

I went out to a cliffside almost every night to light a candle for my fallen friends, and for Peter.

It was hard to graduate high school when the Earth was in shambles and half of the subjects were unteachable, but I did.

The thought of how proud my friends would be of me, kept me going.

I knew it's what Peter would have wanted me to do.

I spent a lot of time with Steve too, attending meetings to manage our mental health together, and we had movie nights once a month to stay close.

He was like a big brother to me, and I wouldn't have our friendship any other way.

I worked closely with Nat, trying to keep governments from completely failing, and spending our nights going for drives to the middle of nowhere, to rant and cry together.

We became sisters through our joint pain.

Rhodey, Danvers, Rocket, Nebula and Okoye remained in constant with me regularly, tending to other issues around the Earth, most of them tending to other planets since they needed aid.

Tony and Pepper moved away to start a family, and I visited them once a week for dinner, not wanting to lose them.

They had very quickly become parental figures in my life, and I was okay with that.

Morgan was like my little sister, and seeing the Stark family kept me sane.

They were the most stable out of all of us, so seeing them made me feel like, for a moment, everything was normal again.

The photo of Peter and I on Tony's shelf would snap me back into reality, though.

I also hadn't seen Clint, Thor or Bruce for a long time, and there wasn't a single day that I didn't think about who I lost along the way.

There wasn't a single day I didn't cry over losing Peter.

I shook the thoughts out of my head, putting my feet up on the table and looking at Nat.

"You okay?" I whispered, and she nodded, but I knew she was lying.

"Bullshit."

"Yeah, we boarded that highly suspect warship that Danvers pinged." Rocket said, his hologram standing across the room.

"It was an infectious garbage scowl, so, thanks for the hot tip." He said sarcastically, and Danvers smirked at him.

"Well, you were closer."