• ten •

Phoenix Haynes

I hid behind our ship with Peter, waiting impatiently for Thanos to arrive.

"How are you feeling?" Peter asked, and I shrugged, placing my hand on his and giving it a squeeze.

"Fine, I guess." I sighed, turning to look at him, seeing he was already staring at me.

"What about you?"

"I'm nervous." He admitted, and I leaned towards him, kissing his cheek.

"It's going to be okay." I said, half to him, half to myself.

"And if it's not, then we'll fix it." I finished, but before Peter could respond, Stephen spoke up.

Thanos was here.

"Oh, yeah, you're much more of a 'Thanos'."

"I take it the Maw is dead."

Is that Thanos?

Peter and I shared a look, nodding at eachother before peeking out to see him.

"This day extracts a heavy toll, still he accomplished his mission."

"You may regret that." Stephen said, leaning back on the steps, and I took the time to take him Thanos' appearance.

He was tall.

Very tall.

"He brought you face to face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos asked, and Stephen shrugged, looking aroud.

Definitely his home.

"Let me guess, your home?" He asked, and Thanos paused.

"It was, and it was beautiful." He said, activating his gauntlet and using the Reality Stone to show Titan before it was destroyed.

It was lovely.

Green lawns, intact buildings, ponds filled with clear water, and happy citizens. 

"Titan was like most planets." Thanos started, and I turned to Peter, imitating him.

"Stop!" Peter whispered, and I playfully rolled my eyes, looking back at the Titan.

"Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. When we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide." Stephen interrupted, but Thanos shook his head.

"But at random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike."

"Still genocide." I whispered, making Peter snort.

"Shut up, Nix."

"Make me." I hissed, and he blushed, quickly turning away and looking at Thanos.

"They called me a madman, and what I predicted came to pass." He said, racing his fist and allowing the illusion to fade away.

"Congratulations, you're a prophet." Strange said sarcastically, making me laugh to myself.

"I'm a survivor."

"Who wants to murder trillions." Stephen argued with him, and Thanos  shrugged.

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy."

"I call that genocide." I said, nudging Peter softly, and he looked at me.

"What?"

"Tough crowd." I mumbled, making Peter smile.