• twenty two •

Phoenix Haynes

I heard several of my companions let out loud battle cries, and we all began charging for Thanos' army, while they started charging at us.

We collided, and I immediately set some of the Chitauri on fire, launching them into their friends, creating a domino effect.

I looked ahead to see Steve and Thor fighting side by side, while Steve held Stormbreaker, and Thor had Mjolnir.

They swapped, and I took a moment to register the fact that Steve was worthy.

I mean, I wasn't at all surprised by it though.

Tony was to my left, fighting the same monster we fought together back in New York a few years ago, and got punched by him.

I began running to his aid, but Scott crushed Thanos' child with his giant foot, unknowingly saving Tony in the process.

Peter jumped down to help Tony, and it took everything in me to not run over to him.

Tony needed to have a moment alone with Peter, and I wasn't going to be the one to take that away from him.

He missed my friend just as much as I did.

I watched Tony hug Peter, and I teared up slightly at the sight of Peter hugging him back, both of them visibly relaxing despite the ongoing chaos around us.

It was a sweet sight, and it was one I never thought I would see again.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Clint asked, and I knew he had the gauntlet.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!"

"No!" Bruce yelled, and I punched a Chitauri in the face, sending it hurdling down the battlefield.

"We need to get them back where they came from!"

"There's no way to get them back, Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." Tony said, and I let out a yell of frustration, setting as many Chitauri on fire as I could.

About seventeen total, I think.

"Where's Scott?!" I exclaimed, frantically looking around for him.

"Doesn't he have one?!"

"Yes, I do! The tunnel wasn't our only time machine!" He responded, and I let out a brief sigh of relief, which was short lived after I got attacked.

"Not today." I grumbled, shoving the Chitauri to the ground and setting it's face on fire while it let out a gut wrenching screech, but I was unfazed.

La Cucaracha began playing, and I snorted, letting out a laugh at the situation.

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van out there?" Steve asked, and I spotted it.

"I see a beautiful brown van, not sure we're looking at the same one." I said, and I could picture Steve rolling his eyes.

"Thankyou, Phoenix." Scott said, making me laugh.

"Where is it?!" Steve asked me, and I sighed to myself.

"Yeah, you're not gonna like where it's parked, Cap."

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Tony asked, and Scott responded straight away.

"Maybe ten minutes."

"Get it started, we'll get the stones to you." Steve ordered, and I rolled my eyes at the oncoming Chitauri, setting a few of them ablaze.