• eleven •

A.N

double update because im going away for half a week and wanna give you some content before i go!

Phoenix Haynes

I woke up to a loud crash, making my head pound, and I grabbed it in pain, keeping my eyes closed.

"Peter, tell Ned to get his shit together." I groaned, but he didn't respond.

"Spiderboy." I said, falling onto my back, and my breath hitched.

Yeah, this definitely isn't a bed.

Where am I?

I quickly sat up, ignoring the pounding pain in my head, and looked around.

Oh, fuck.

Oh, fuck.

This is still happening.

I grabbed a large rock, pulling myself to a standing position and trying to look for the others.

Eventually, I saw Stephen and Thanos, locked in a fight through the dust.

Why is it so dusty?

The only thing I saw were big bursts of colour when the Titan would activate a stone, and Strange doing something crazy wicked back.

"Peter?" I asked, and I heard a small gasp through my headset, making me sigh in relief.

He's okay.

"Nix, you're awake!" Peter exclaimed, and I coughed up some dust.

My lungs hate me.

"How long was I out?" I asked, and I heard a crash before he responded.

"Ten minutes, maybe? I haven't really been checking my watch!"

Okay, smartass.

"Where are you?!" I asked, choosing not to argue with him, but he didn't respond.

"Okay, fine." I grumbled to myself, running as fast as I could through the dust to Stephen, wanting to help him.

"You're full of tricks, wizard." Thanos said, and I heard the fear in Stephen's voice.

"No!"

"Yet you never once used your greatest weapon." The Titan said, and the dust settled in time for me to see him crush the Eye of Agamotto.

"A fake."

"Nix, the Guardians are all unconscious." Tony's voice came through the earpiece, making me sigh.

Shit.

At least Tony's okay, though.

Thanos threw Stephen, and I tried my best to give him a soft landing, but he still got knocked out cold.

"Well, so is Strange." I told Tony, and Thanos looked at me.

"I see you're awake."

"Just in time, apparently." I shot back, and he pointed the gauntlet at me.

"But not for long." 

"Why don't we find out?" I smirked, and he fired the Power Stone at me, but I jumped out of the way, forging a whip of fire and hitting him with it.

He tried to swat it away, but I took the opportunity to wrap his arm in it, hearing the sizzle of his burning flesh.

I won't lie, it was a comforting sound.