• twenty seven •

Phoenix Haynes

"You can lose the mask." Fury said as we walked into the cave, and Peter obeyed.

"Everyone here's seen you without it, you'd only be feigning anonymity and breathing through spandex for no good reason."

"Alright, come on." I said, taking his hand in mine and leading him while Fury pointed out everyone.

"Over there we have Maria Hill, that is Dimitri."

Peter nodded, taking in everyone's faces while Maria smiled at me, and I returned the look.

"And this, is Mr Beck."'

Mysterio is Beck.

"Mysterio?" Peter whispered, and Beck gave him a confused look.

"What?"

"Doesn't matter, it's just what our friends have been calling you." Peter smiled sheepishly, and Beck shrugged.

"Well, you can call me Quentin." He said, extending his hand for Peter to shake, which he did.

I then shook his hand, and Beck smiled at us.

"You handled yourself well out there today guys, and I saw what you did with the tower." He complimented my boyfriend, and Peter seemed happy with that.

"Thanks."

"We could use people like you on my world." Beck said, and Peter looked confused.

"I'm sorry, your world?"

"Mr Beck is from Earth, just not yours." Fury said, and Beck nodded.

"There are multiple realities, Peter. This is Earth, Dimension six one six. I'm from Earth eight three three."

"I'm sorry, you're saying there's a multiverse?" Peter asked excitedly, and I nodded.

"That's exactly what he's saying."

"Because I thought that was just theoretical, that completely changes how we understand the initial singularity. We're talking about an eternal inflation system and how does that even work with all the quantum- it's insane!" My boyfriend rambled, and I smiled softly at him.

He's a nerd, but he's my nerd.

"Sorry, it's just really cool."

"Don't ever apologize for being the smartest one in the room." Beck responded, and Peter smiled at him.

"Anyway." Maria said, and a hologram appeared on the table.

"They were born in stable orbits within black holes, and creatures formed from the primary elements." Beck explained, gesturing to the images.

"Air, water, fire, earth. The Science Division had a technical name, but we just called them Elementals."

"Versions of them exist across our mythologies." I said, and Beck nodded in agreement.

"Turns out, the myths are real."

"Like Thor. Thor was a myth and now I study him in my physics class." Peter said, making me smile.

I miss Thor.

"These myths are threats." Fury said, and Beck quickly agreed with him.

"They first materialized on my Earth many years ago. We mobilized and fought them, but with each battle, they grew and got much stronger. I was part of the last battalion left trying to stop them, but all we did was delay the inevitable."