• twenty six •

Phoenix Haynes

The water monster smashed it's hand into a building, followed by a few boats.

I ran up the stairs, thinking over my options.

How the fuck does a fire elemental stop a water creature?

Sounds like some kind of joke, and the punchline is, it doesn't.

"Oh, my God!" Peter yelled, and I looked over at him to see the monster smashed the building he'd just been in.

Attacking my boyfriend is where I draw the line, buddy.

I sent a lamp post flying towards the creature, but it just went straight through him.

It turned to look at me as more people screamed and ran away, making me sigh.

Well, at least it's attention is on me and not Peter.

"Come and get me!" I exclaimed, running up more stairs, and I saw Peter move around a corner and shoot a web at the monster.

So he had his web shooters, neat.

The web did nothing though, but I saw that coming.

Hey, here's a joke for you.

A fire elemental and a spider fought a water monster.

They both died.

My thoughts were interrupted by the creature, making it's way towards a bridge swarming with people, and I rolled my eyes.

"Nope, not on my watch." I grumbled, running towards the bridge while Peter jumped across poles in the water.

He launched himself up onto the bridge by leaping off a peddle, and helped a man up right as I arrived

"You okay?" Peter asked the stranger, who nodded.

"Get out of here, go!" I exclaimed, and I pushed as many people as I could off the bridge, right as the monster slammed into fist into the structure.

Peter was sent flying backwards while he coughed up water and tried to catch his breath, while I was knocked into the rough water under the bridge.

Shit.

Which way is up?

I frantically swam, trying to find the surface while I felt my lungs shrivel up.

Am I really about to drown?

I pictured my death being way more heroic than this.

A bridge green light started shingling, indicating which way was up, making relief flood through my veins.

Who the hell is that?

It doesn't matter.

Whoever it is, we could use the help.

Eventually I found the surface, seeing the being shooting at the water elemental while Peter looked beyond confused.

"Excuse me sir! I can help! Let me help! I'm really strong and I'm sticky!" My boyfriend exclaimed, and I held back a laugh.

"I need you to lead it away from the canals!" The stranger responded, flying off as the monster smashed into the building Peter had ran into.

He flipped away from it though, and landed on a nearby roof.

I noticed the bell towards was about to crumble and crush a bunch of people, making me gasp.

"Peter, the tower!" I exclaimed, and he sounded frustrated when he saw it.