• twenty one •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

I coughed up some dust, seeing the walls of the compound collapse around me.

I was alone.

"Hey!" I yelled, trying to identify my surroundings and see if the others were okay.

"Is anyone there?!"

No answer.

Sighing to myself, I dragged myself off the ground.

"Can anybody hear me?!" I screamed, to no avail.

"Tony?" I asked, not expecting an answer, and as I anticipated, I didn't get one.

At a loss for what to do, I quickly looked at my surroundings, and a light blinded me for a moment, making my head pound.

"What the hell is that?" I whispered to myself, using telekinesis to move the rubble around, trying to find what had caught my attention.

It was the gauntlet.

I grabbed it, holding it close to my chest, not wanting it out of my sight.

This is my responsibility now, and I need to get the hell out of here.

As soon as I started walking in a random direction, I stopped, feeling a sense of dread rush over my body.

I'm not alone down here.

I can feel it.

I summoned a fireball, shooting it down the hallway to get a look into the darkness, and my heart froze when I saw it.

Or, when I saw them.

Outriders, slowly advancing towards me.

They're definitely hungry.

"Oh shit." I whispered, turning on my heel and running.

There were at least twelve of them, and I didn't want to take my chances while I had the gauntlet.

They immediately started chasing after me, making me roll my eyes at their persistence.

"I'm not even that tasty!" I yelled, shooting a flame at one and hitting it in the eye.

"I'm full of stress and anger! That can't taste good!"

I sent one of them flying into another, stopping their motion for a moment before I hit them all with one big blast.

At least, I thought I hit all of them.

A few more jumped over the burning pile of their buddies.

I've had enough.

I summoned a sharp piece of rubble, holding it in front of me as one dove for me and it impaled it's neck on the debris.

"Why don't you guys just fuck off already?" I grumbled, setting another on fire, and made sure to send it hurdling towards the last of them, causing them to go up in flames.