• twenty •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

I stood with my arms crossed, watching Tony assemble the gauntlet with Rocket and Bruce.

The room was tense, I could feel the negative energy so heavily that I could cut it with a knife, if I really wanted to.

I mean I didn't want to, but I could.

Tony carefully placed the stones in the gauntlet, while Bruce and Rocket watched from a foot away, helping him when necessary.

Everyone else was waiting for us in the other room, but I just wanted to watch the gauntlet get assembled.

It was fascinating to me.

Tony manipulated the machine he'd built to assist the process, and carefully placed the sixth stone into the glove.

An eerie silence hung over our shoulders, and I smirked to myself, feeling the opportunity for a prank.

"Boom!" I yelled, and burst into laughter when Tony and Bruce visibly jumped.

Bruce turned around, glaring at me, making me shrug and smile at him.

"Nice!" Rocket chuckled, and I tried to cease my giggles, shaking my head to myself.

"Thanks, Rocket." I said, placing my hand on my mouth to cover my laughter.

Tony looked back at me, crossing his arms over his chest.

Uh, oh.

Dad mode activate.

"Not cool, Nix." Tony scolded, making me take my hand off my mouth.

"You can't hate on me, the opportunity was right there!"

"Sure it was." He said, making me smirk.

"Yeah, it was."

"You're grounded." Tony joked, and I rolled my eyes, giving him the middle finger.

"Absolutely not."

"You live under my roof, you live with my rules." He gave the fake dad speech, making me laugh.

"You suck."

"Correction, I'm the best." Tony smirked, picking up the gauntlet.

Yeah, he is.

We took the glove, moving into the meeting room where everyone was waiting, and I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Alright everyone, the glove's ready to go." I announced, making all heads turn to me.

"Now the question remains, who are we gonna pick to snap their fingers?"

"I'll do it." Thor said, raising his hand and making me gasp in surprise.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I said, everyone else agreeing with me.