• nineteen •

Phoenix Haynes

I floated down into the alleyway, landing safety next to Steve, who had just jumped down the fire escape, holding the scepter.

"Hey, nice!" I exclaimed, and we high fived.

"Thanks, Nix."

"Where are the others?" I asked, referring to Tony and Scott, but Steve shrugged.

"I don't know, hopefully they aren't too far out."

I just nodded, and Steve gave me a smirk, wiggling his finger in front of my face.

"And where have you been, miss?"

"I think you know." I shot back, smiling to myself, and Steve laughed.

"Yeah, I figured."

"I'm sorry for not helping more." I said, but Steve shook his head.

"Don't be, we all understand know how much you needed to see him."

"Cap-"

I turned around to see Tony and Scott sitting in a car, looking quite upset.

They lost the Space Stone.

"Sorry, team. We've got a problem."

"Oh yeah, we do." Scott agreed, and I shared a concerned look with Steve.

"Well, what are we gonna do now?" I asked, and Tony sighed.

"I don't know."

"How could you lose the Space Stone?" Steve asked, making Tony let out an exasperated breath.

"You know what? Give me a break, Steve."

"Tony-" I said, but he held up a hand to silence me, politely.

"I just got hit in the head with the Hulk."

"Are you alright?" I asked, and Tony shrugged.

"I'm fine."

"You said that we had one shot. This was our shot. We shot it, it's shot." Scott said, visibly frustrated.

"Six stones or nothing. Six stones or nothing–"

"You're repeating yourself, you know that? You're repeating yourself." Tony said, and I could see this spiralling into an argument.

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself! You know-"

"Dude, come on." Tony scoffed, making Scott angrier.

I've never seen him mad.

"You never wanted a time heist, you went on board with the time heist-"

"I dropped the ball." Tony admitted, and I pat his shoulder reassuringly when he got out the car.

"You ruined the time heist."