• nine •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

I stood on the surface of Titan, crossing my arms over my chest and looking around.

Space is weird.

"Are you tripping out a little, Nix?" Peter asked, dropping next to me and I nodded.

"Definitely."

"Well, I'm here." He said reassuringly, and I took his hand in mine.

I needed physical contact.

"I know."

"What the heck happened to this planet?" Quill asked, standing up and brushing the dirt off his knees.

"It's eight degrees off its axis." He rambled, grabbing my attention.

"The gravitational pull is all over the place."

"You don't say." I responded, looking over at Mantis.

She was jumping joyfully in a spot with low gravity.

Atleast someone can find some joy in what was coming.

"Yeah, well we got one advantage." Tony said, drawing the attention over to him.

"He's coming to us."

"We'll use it." I responded, and Tony clapped his hands.

"Alright, I have a plan, or at least the beginnings of one."

"Yeah?" I asked, and I pulling Peter over to Tony.

We were still holding hands, afterall.

Once we'd approached Tony, he looked at our hands, smirking.

"'We're just friends'," He said in a high pitched voice, motioning between the two of us.

"What a load of shit."

I let go of Peter's hand, glaring at Tony.

"Fight me, Stark."

"I don't want to hurt a kid." He shrugged me off, and Peter playfully shoved me.

"You'd definitely win."

"I know." I joked, and Tony shook away the playful demeanor, remembering our situation.

"Okay, it's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. We definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet." He said, but got interrupted by Drax yawning.

"Are you yawning? In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh?" Tony asked, looking a little bit annoyed.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"I stopped listening after you said, 'we need a plan'." Drax said, and I rolled my eyes, looking at him.

"Please tell me you're joking." I sighed, and Tony looked at Quill.