• twenty nine •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

Peter and I stood in the lobby with MJ, Ned and Betty, noticing they were all holding glow sticks in preparation for the Carnival of Lights.

I felt a pang of guilt in my chest, because I knew what was about to happen.

They definitely weren't going to the Carnival of Lights.

Sorry guys.

"Good news, we’re going to the opera!" Mr Harrington exclaimed, making everyone share confused and upset expressions.

Except for Peter and I, but we pretended.

"The opera?" Ned asked, and Betty sighed.

"You’ve got to be kidding me."

"Don’t look at me." Mr Dell said, and MJ looked at Mr Harrington.

"What happened to the carnival?"

"Oh this is upgrade living, guys!" He responded, and Ned looked over at us.

I gave him a look to tell him to go along with it, and Peter silently pleaded with him.

'This was you guys?' He mouthed, and I shrugged, nodding.

'Please, Ned.'

"Come on, the tour company just gave us these tickets for free!" Mr Harrington exclaimed, holding them up.

"Do you guys have any idea how much opera tickets actually cost?"

"No, because none of us have ever wanted to go to the opera, ever." Flash said, and Ned cleared his throat, wanting to help us out.

"Well, I think this is gonna be culturally enriching for us." He said, making me smile.

"Thank you, Ned!" Mr Harrington said, pointing at him happily.

"Everyone, this is gonna be the best four hours of our whole trip."

Four hours gives us plenty of time.

"Four hours?" Brad asked, making me snicker.

Sucks to be you, dude.

"Guys I think this is gonna be really fun, seriously." Ned pushed, and I watched everyone stand up, getting ready to go.

"Go get changed into something fancy!" Mr Harrington called out, and after ten minutes, we were walking through the streets of Prague.

Mr Harrington lead the group, and Peter leaned over to me.

"You look beautiful." He whispered, and I gestured to my bag.

"Trust me, this dress won't be staying on for long." 

"Well, I think you look lovely." He said, making me smile.

"J think you look great too, dress shirts do you justice." I whispered, flicking his muscles and making him laugh.