• eighteen •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

"Alright, we have a plan." Steve said, and we zipped up our suits, walking past the holographic screens.

"Six Stones, three teams, one shot."

We walked towards the Quantum Tunnel that Tony, Rocket and Bruce had built together, standing on the platform.

"Two years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends, we lost family, we lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back."

We have a chance to bring them all back.

We can being Peter back.

"You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs."

No mistakes.

"Most of us are going somewhere we know, but it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful, and look out for each other."

I was going to New York with Bruce, Scott, Tony and Steve.

"This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes, good luck."

Bruce was getting the Time Stone, Steve was getting the Mind Stone, Tony and Scott were getting the Space Stone, and I was there to make sure nothing went wrong.

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket said to Scott, who excitedly nodded.

"Right?"

"Alright, you heard the man." Tony said to Bruce, clapping his hands.

"Stroke those keys, jolly green."

"Tractors engaged." Bruce responded, and Rocket gestured to the Benatar in Clint's hand.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?"

I knew he cared about it because it used to be Quill's ship.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, I'll do my best." Clint said dismissively, making me scoff.

"I have trouble believing that."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." Rocket said, and I nodded in agreement.

"You don't say."

"See you in a minute." Nat said, and I felt my body get thrown into the Quantum Realm, following Tony's.

New York - 2012

"Alright, we all have our assignments." Steve said, and I heard the original six Avengers fighting down the street.

"Two stones uptown and one stone, down. Stay low, keep an eye on the clock." He instructed, and I nodded in agreement.

"Sure thing, boss."