• thirty three •

Phoenix Haynes

I woke up, and the first thing I felt was an immense pain in my stomach, as well as an intense dread, thinking about Peter.

"Take it easy." I heard a voice behind me, and I turned around to see Happy.

"Thank God." I mumbled, pulling him in for a loose hug.

"How did you find me?" I asked, and Happy pat my back softly.

I took a seat, and he moved to sit across from my, gesturing to me.

"Distress signal in your suit."

"Amazing." I breathed it, relaxing for a moment and realising I was on a plane.

Why am I on a plane?

I jumped up, ignoring the pain in my stomach, and looked at Happy.

"Peter! Where's Peter?!"

"Hey, relax." Happy tried to reassure me, and I put my head in my hands.

"He called me, we're on our way to him now."

"Thank fuck." I breathed out, sitting back down and trying to catch my breath.

I hope he's okay.

•••

We landed in a tulip field, and I rushed out of the place, Happy following me down.

I saw Peter walking between rows of tulips, staggering towards us in a rush.

"Peter, I thought you were dead!" I exclaimed, and Happy stood next to me.

"Peter? Are you okay?"

"Baby, is that you?" Peter asked, and I nodded, wiping the tears off my cheeks.

"It's me, I promise it's me."

"Happy?" Peter asked, hesitating before stopping in his tracks.

"Yeah, of course it's me!"

"Stop! Tell me something only you would know!" Peter exclaimed, and I felt the tears steam down my face while I quickly thought about what I could tell him.

"Do you remember when we were on the rooftop of the museum and you were talking about how fascinating constellations are?" I asked, and he nodded.

"And I told you it was dumb?" I pushed, making Peter nod, gesturing for me to continue.

"I heard you tell me you loved me that night, but when I asked you what you said, you pretended you didn't say anything." I said, smiling softly at him.

"But I heard you, I did."

Peter didn't respond, just walked over to me and hugged me tightly, both of us feeling relieved that the other was okay.

"I love you." He whispered, and I smiled into his shoulder, holding him even tighter.

"I love you too."

"Okay, something only I would know." Happy said, and Peter looked at him expectantly.

"Remember when we went to Germany? You payperviewed a video in your room?" Happy asked, and Peter nodded.

"They didn't list the titles, but I could tell by the price it was an adult film at the front desk, and you didn't know how I knew-"

"Okay fine it's you, stop." Peter said, letting go and pulling Happy in for a hug.