• thirty four •

Phoenix Haynes

Phoenix Haynes

"Okay, Fury’s got the coded message." Happy said, and I sighed.

"Hopefully he figures it out." 

"Your friends are at the Tower Bridge." Happy informed us, making Peter nod.

"Okay."

"Your boy called it the London Bridge, but I figured it out, I'll go scoop them up, okay?"

"Yeah, sounds good." I said, and Peter took my hand, looking nervous.

"We’re close." Happy said, making Peter's grip on my hand tighten.

"We’re close." He whispered, and I tried to take his mind off of it.

"How’s the suit coming?" I asked, and he looked back at the machine.

"Almost done."

"Great." I smiled softly, and he nodded.

"Alright, walk me through it." Happy said, and I looked at Peter.

"I know it’s illusion tech, right? All I have to do is get on the inside of the illusion, then I can take it down, find him, and he’s just a guy, so I can take Edith right back."

"Right but last time, you got hit by a train and Phoenix got shot."

"He has a point." I shrugged, and Peter nodded.

"True, but this time, how do I explain this? I have like a sixth sense."

"The Peter tingle, that’s what you’re talking about right?" Happy asked, and I snickered, making Peter let go of my hand and hit my shoulder.

"It’s not working though, I heard it wasn’t working right now. Is it?"

"It is working. Well, I don’t know if it’s working-" Peter started, and I looked at Happy.

"It's working."

"Good so you've got the Peter tingle, that’s the plan. I’m gonna go get your friends. You get that Peter tingle back online." Happy said, and I held my hand over my mouth, trying not to laugh.

"We've got this." Peter whispered, and I put my hands on his cheeks, forcing him to look at me before I kissed him.

"We've got this."

"Alright, comms check. Can you hear me?" Happy asked from the cockpit, and Peter pulled on his new suit.

"Yeah, I can." I responded, and Peter opened the door to the plane, getting ready to jump out.

"It’s just a little loud out here."

"You sure that’s not real?" Happy asked, and I noticed the large storm cloud surrounding the Tower Bridge.