• seven •

Phoenix Haynes

"There he is." I whispered to Tony, and we watched silently as Stephen floated in the room, face down.

He was surrounded by dozens of glassy looking needles, each as long as my forearm.

"In all the time I've served Thanos, I've never failed him." The ugly looking, Thanos serving alien started.

"If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan with the Time Stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person, there would be judgement."

The needles started to come in contact with Stephen's face, causing a white glow around the area.

He began yelling in pain, making me squirm.

That looks incredibly uncomfortable.

"Give me the stone."

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned around with my arms raised, ready to attack.

"I wouldn't-" I said warningly, but cut myself off when I saw what it was.

Stephen's Cloak of Levitation.

Tony lowered his hand too, chuckling in surprise.

"Wow you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" He asked, and I quickly put my mask back on when I saw Peter swing in.

"Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty." He said, dropping to the ground from above, and Tony looked angry.

Scratch that.

He looked livid.

"What the-" Tony started, and Peter turned to look at me, taking his mask off.

"Peter Parker." He introduced himself, smiling at me.

"Yeah, I know." I laughed, and he gave me an intrigued look, before turning to Tony.

"Now, I know what you're gonna say."

"You should not be here." Stark said, and the Cloak moved to stand next to him.

"I was gonna go home-" Peter started, and Tony cut him off.

"I don't wanna hear it."

"But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you and Shadow on the way-"

"And now I gotta hear it." Tony said, looking frustrated, and Peter sighed.

"And I kinda stuck to the side of the ship."

I giggled to myself, picturing what that would look like.

Stupid, is my guess.

"And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way, so if anything it's kind of your fault that I'm here." Peter finished up, and Tony's expression shifted from frustrated, to extremely angry.

"What did you just say to me?"

"Peter maybe you shouldn't-" I started, and he cut me off.

"I take that back." Peter said after looking at me, and then turned back to Tony.

"And now I'm here in space."

"Yeah." Stark sighed, taking a few strides towards Peter, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Right where I don't want you to be."

"Stark-" I warned, but he cut me off, wanting to scold Peter.

"This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip, it's a one-way ticket. You hear me?" Tony asked, and Peter looked upset.

"Don't pretend like you thought this through, you could not have possibly thought this through."