In My Head- Part 29

A/N: Hello everyone I am finally back with an update to this story and let me just start out with a major major apology for not updating this story in a long time.

This story is really hard for me to write not physically but emotionally and it takes me a long time to recover from it and be able to write another chapter. 

Some of you know I suffer with mental health issues my self and that's why I have such a hard time with this story, it's just really emotional for me.

But I will try and do better when it comes to updating and thank you all so so much for all of your patience and kindness and understanding and support💜 it really does mean the world.

Alright guys I've kept you waiting long enough so I'm going to stop talking and let you read now.....

Simon's POV

"He's doing really well all things considered, we have a psychologist on his way up now to give him an evaluation and then we can decide the best course of action in regard to his care."

I nodded at the doctor as he spoke, it was the morning after Ant's suicide attempt and we had helped Dec bring him into hospital and then gone upstairs to check on Stephen.

I had been shocked to see just how fragile he still looked and then my shock had turned to into fury when I noticed they had tied his hands to the bed, he was so weak that I didn't understand why that was necessary and I had demanded they be removed.

The doctor had been reluctant but since David and I would be in the room with him he had done as I asked and removed the restraints, Stephen had smiled in his sleep after the removal but still hadn't woken up yet and while we were waiting the doctor had decided to brief us on his condition.

"I must warn you Mr. Cowell his heart stopped twice...he's going to be very weak for a while and if it stops again I'm sorry to say that I don't think he will make it. If the psychologist decides to send him home someone would need to watch him and care for him until he gets his strength back; you need to decide if that's something you would be willing to do."

I bit my lip as the doctor finished speaking, Stephen would need someone to care for him; I had expected as much and seeing as he lived alone I knew the task would fall to us.

I sighed as I began to worry and questions spun around in my mind.

Would he want to come home with us? He had attempted to kill himself rather than simply talk to us so what made me think he would be willing to let us take care of him?

What about Ant? Ant had to be watched 24/7 how could we possibly manage to keep an eye on both of them especially after last night when Ant had managed to hurt himself again; if we could barely watch him how on earth were we supposed to watch Stephen as well?

I shook my head before I spoke again, "What if we don't take him back with us, what will happen to him then?"

The doctor smiled sadly, "They will most likely send him to a long-term care facility for people with mental disorders. Mr. Cowell I know it's not my business to tell you how to handle this but can I offer you a bit of advice?"

I nodded at the doctor and he smiled once more before he spoke, "I've dealt with a lot of suicide patients and in my experience the ones who end up in the care facilities take longer to recover than those who have someone to care for them. I know you might be reluctant to take on the task but I think his best chance of recovery would be somewhere with friends who care about him instead of a care facility with strangers."