In My Head- Part 18

A/N: Hi guys here's that second update I promised, I'm not gonna talk much I just want to say thank you for sticking with this story and I apologize for the incredibly lengthy update but I didn't want to split it into two separate parts so I hope you like it and prepare yourself because this will not be a happy chapter. Alright I'm going to be quite now and let you read.

Dec's POV
I went through Ant's suitcase looking for some clothes for him and I pulled out a red t-shirt and a pair of jeans, I put them over my arm and grabbed a pair of his boxers as well; I didn't feel weird about it we used to share a flat after all so we had touched each others clothes before. I walked over to the restroom and opened the door leaving the clothes on the counter before walking out again and going over to the first aid kit.

I pulled out everything I was going to need to fix Ant's arm again lying it on the nightstand and the I picked up my phone lying back on the bed, I saw plenty of notifications and I was about to click on a twitter notification when I heard the shower turn off. I out the phone back down and walked over to the door knocking, "Hey Anth everything alright mate?"

I heard a chuckle from the other side and then Ant's voice, "Don't worry so much Doolittle I'm fine just getting dressed be out in a minute." I nodded and walked back to the bed as I passed the door to my room I could hear the others talking in low voices, I was about to press my ear to the door when the restroom door opened and Ant stepped out fully dressed except for his shirt which he held while looking a little embarrassed.

I knew what the problem was he couldn't get the sleeve over his arm without pain and I gave him a gentle smile before I moved close to him. "Need some help?"  He nodded and I took the shirt before gesturing to the bed, "Why don't we bandage your arm first and then I'll help you put the shirt on? That way we wont get anything on it, how's that sound?"

Ant looked down at his arm and I saw him hesitate, he had been asleep when we had bandaged it last night so this would be the first time he would see the wounds. I could tell he was afraid so I stepped forward and put my arms around him giving him a tight hug, "Hey it's going to be alright, it's actually not too bad just don't look at it ok? You can look at me and we can talk or you can just lie down and close your eyes while I change the bandage ok?"  I pulled back to look at him and he gave me a weak smile, I returned it and took his hand leading him over to the bed and making him sit down on the side.

His head was hanging down and I pulled the chair close to the bed before I put my hand under his chin gently lifting his face, "Anth I know your afraid but I'm right here for you alright? I will take care of you, if you get scared or if it hurts just tell me and I'll stop while you calm down ok? Do you trust me Ant?"

Ant's POV
I let Dec lead me to the bed and he pushed me down onto the mattress gently, I hung my head as he pulled a chair up next to me. I was scared, bad dreams had plagued me last night and then horrible thoughts while I was in the shower; it had finally started to hit me a little just how much danger I had put myself in last night.

I was afraid that if I saw the wounds then all the memories of last night would come flooding back and I wouldn't be able to stop myself from breaking down again. I felt Dec's hand under my chin and I let him lift my head up and look me in the eyes, I almost teared up as I saw the love and concern and warmth in his eyes. His voice matched his eyes as he spoke, "Anth I know your afraid but I'm right here for you alright? I will take care of you, if you get scared or if it hurts just tell me and I'll stop while you calm down ok? Do you trust me Ant?"

I felt tears in my eyes his voice was so full of love and concern and I couldn't help but trust him, I nodded and he gave me another quick hug before he pulled back. "Do you want to sit up while I do this or do you want to lie down? If you don't want to look then it might be best to lie back that way it will be harder for you to see your arm, help you avoid looking."