In My Head- Part 36

A/N: Hello everyone!!! Wow it's been a while and a crazy few months! So quick update on my life here and an explanation for my absence, back in May my house burned to the ground I lost everything except my laptop which I managed to take outside with me as it was laying on the bed.

I spent the last few months in and out of hospital due to both physical and mental health issues and due to that I decided to take a break from writing fanfics as they are quiet taxing on my mental health.

I entered a few professional writing contests during this time and managed to place in my most recent one with my story "The Last Enemy" which you can find on my profile if you'd like to take a look 😊😊

During all of this I realized that I really missed the fandom and writing these stories so I have finally decided to come back to my stories and all of you 💜

Thank you to everyone who sent warm and kind thoughts during this time and I am so glad to finally be back and will hopefully be updating more regularly again.

Ok Ok enough about me, let's just get right into this I think we have all waited long enough 😊

*ANGST WARNING* *TW: SELF HARM* *TW: S***IDE*

here we go....

Simon's POV

I shook my head as I walked down the hallway towards Stephen's room.

It was the day after Dec had brought Ant home and after convincing Dec to do a video call with Stephen, I had called everyone else to meet me at my house.

I cringed as I recalled the way they had reacted when I told them about my plan to bring Stephen to Dec's house.

I just wanted to bring him somewhere that he could recover safely while surrounded by his friends but instead of listening all of them had been against it.

I turned a corner into another hallway wincing when the smell of cleaning products assaulted my senses, I really hoped that when Ant and Stephen got better I would never have to set foot in a hospital again I had seen far too much of them the last few days.

I kept on walking biting my lip hard as I recalled Amanda telling everyone that Dec had said Stephen wasn't going to be able to stay at his house.

David and Alesha had jumped on that immediately and everyone seemed to think that Dec would never agree to this.

I knew however that if Dec could just see how weak and sad and hurt Stephen was, he would allow him to stay.

There was no way Dec would leave Stephen or Ant to fend for themselves; sure Dec wasn't going to be able to take care of Stephen much, but I could; I owed Stephen that much.

My heart clenched uncomfortably as I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat, Dec had said I was one of the reasons both Ant and Stephen were in this position and ever since then even thinking about the pair of them flooded me with guilt.

I had pushed them too hard lately never once checking in to see if they were ok and I was the one who had let the jokes aimed at Stephen continue even though I knew it was wrong.

Now the least I could do was try and help Stephen as much as I could there was no way Dec would let me around Ant and....honestly...I wasn't sure that Ant was going to make it at the moment.

I shuddered at that thought pushing it away and refocusing on my plan to help Stephen, that was all I could do right now was try and save at least one of them, to try and make things right.