In My Head- Part 28

A/N: Hello everyone finally back with a new update to this story, I do apologize for not updating sooner I had a very hard time with this chapter and some issues to sort through.

But thank you all so much for all the patience and support and kind words, it really does mean a lot and I am so so greatful for each and every one of you.

Ok guys *****HUGE HUGE HUGE WARNING****

Please use your best judgement...alright deep breath...here we go

Amanda's POV

I walked into Ant's room and my broke as I took in the sight of Dec sitting on the floor where Simon had left him almost an hour ago, he wasn't sobbing anymore instead he was just sitting there with his arms wrapped around his knees as he stared at Ant silent tears running down his face.

How had we let things get this bad?

I walked over to Dec and crouched down on the floor placing an arm around his shoulders as I spoke, "Hey Dec how about we get up you up off the floor?"

He looked over at me with wide eyes and I could tell that he was not really here with me mentally he was still lost in the horrors of the night and I sighed as I ran my hand down his arm before I began to stand pulling him up with me.

It took a bit of effort but eventually I had him standing on his own two feet and I kept both arms around him steadying his body as he trembled slightly in my arms swaying on his feet. I felt so bad for him he had been through so much the last few days first Stephen and now Ant he had almost lost both of his closest friends and I didn't know what was keeping him from just falling to pieces.

I hugged him close as his eyes looked away from me watching Ant again, "He's going to be alright Dec we will keep him safe I promise, Ant isn't going anywhere."

He let out a small whine and looked back at me with big tear filled red rimmed swollen eyes and my heart ached at the sight, I wasn't sure what to do right now; Ant usually comforted Dec but as of right now Ant was in no condition to comfort anyone.

I sighed and pulled Dec even closer and I felt my heart break as he wrapped his arms around me leaning into me as he continued to tremble ever so slightly and his breath hitched every now and then as tears continued to fall soaking into my shirt.

I tried to recall what I had seen Ant do in the past and I brought my hand up to Dec's hair praying he wouldn't react badly as I began running my fingers through it softly hushing him as he cried in my arms.

Dec's POV

I leaned into Amanda's side wrapping my arms around her as I continued to cry my mind still filled with horrible memories of the last few hours and the broken man lying in the bed across from me a horrible reminder of what I had almost lost.

I felt arms pulling me closer and I let out a sob as I once again imagined it was Ant holding me because that was the one thing I wanted most, I wanted him to hug me and tell me that last night was a horrible dream that he hadn't actually tried to kill himself.

I wanted him to hold me close and tell me that I had just imagined the empty soulless broken look in his eyes as he had dangled over the ledge of the building pushing against my hand in an effort to send himself to the ground.