In My Head Part 12

A/N: Hi guys I finally managed to finish part 12! I am sorry for taking so long but I had a serious case of writer's block and struggled with this a lot. Seriously I wrote 4 versions of this chapter before settling on this one! This chapter is going to be the judges confronting Dec so it's going to be written from their point of view more than Dec's it's my first time trying this so I hope I did a good job. Thank you all for your continued support it means the world and I hope you guys enjoy. 

Alesha's POV
I stopped just outside of Ant's room, and took a deep breath as the events of the day ran through my mind again. I had replayed this day a hundred times in my mind; I kept thinking if there was something I could have done to prevent this whole day from happening. I had known something was up last night but I never thought that a little bit of odd behavior could lead to something like this.

I recalled the way Dec had asked if we thought Stephen had been acting strange, I had brushed it off last night but now I recalled a conversation from a couple weeks ago between Stephen and I. I remembered that I had thought the conversation odd and concerning I had even mentioned it to Amanda later on that night but we had both put it out of our minds when the tour schedule had picked up.

****Flashback****

Alesha's POV
I wondered down the hallway on my way to the little room we all used during breaks, it had been a particularly boring day for auditions and I was actually looking for Stephen in hopes that he had a silly game or something to cheer me up. I always teased him about his silly games but in all honestly I didn't mind them especially on days like today, I hoped that maybe Ant and Dec were there as well; nothing was more entertaining than watching all three trying to wind each other up.

I entered the room and looked around I didn't see Ant and Dec but I did see Stephen, he was sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands staring at the floor. I hesitated thinking maybe I should leave but then I thought better of it when I heard a quite sniffle from the sofa, was Stephen crying? I approached him carefully not wanting to startle him, I sat down next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Stephen? Are you ok?" He jumped at the contact and looked away hurriedly wiping at his eyes which confirmed my earlier suspicion, he was crying.

"Stephen why are you crying?" He looked back at me and gave me a shaky smile that didn't reach his eyes. "I wasn't crying it's just allergies honestly." I didn't buy it for a minute but I decided that if he wanted to tell me he would so I didn't press the issue; "Oh well is that why your sitting alone in here? Are you're allergies making you sick?"

He nodded and then continued speaking, "That and I'm just tired I haven't been sleeping well lately, it's probably just stress nothing to worry about." He went to stand up and I grabbed his arm wanting to say something but he cut me off, "I have to get back to work and find some people to interview so we have footage for the show. I'm fine really don't worry about it."
He shook my arm off and ran out the door before I could react, I sat there stunned but after a bit I just shrugged it off. He had said he was stressed and I could certainly understand we were all stressed right now, I'm sure if something was really wrong he would tell us, I got up and went to look for Amanda instead.

***End of Flashback***

I felt a shiver go through me as I realized that if I had just gone after Stephen that day and forced him to tell me what was wrong then I probably could have saved us a whole lot of grief. I got shocked out of my thoughts by Amanda appearing in the doorway, "Oh thank god you're here! I need your help come on."

I let her pull me into the room wondering what she was so upset about and I started to ask but before I could even get a word out she pushed me towards the door that separated Ant and Dec's rooms. "Ant had a Nightmare and he wouldn't let me get Dec and Dec found out about it and he kicked me out of his room and now I'm worried he's going to do something stupid will you go and check on him? Please Alesha?"