In My Head-Part 15

A/N: Hi everyone, back with an early update this time because I had a little free time and decided to go ahead and write the next chapter. This one is quite long and once again I used it as a transition chapter, so nothing to emotional. This one involves Dec taking care of Ant and Ant finally telling Dec how he's been feeling as well as Dec's reaction to it. Ant also learns that Stephen is alive and Simon and David are invlolved in this one as well. It's a little emotional a little fluffy and a little angsty in some places so I hope you like it and now I'm going to be quite and let you read, hope you enjoy. 

Dec's POV

We had managed to carry Ant back down to his room and as we laid him gently on the bed I couldn't help the sadness that washed over me.  Ant was completely limp, he didn't even move or make a sound and if it wasn't for the rise and fall of his chest I would have thought he was dead. The thought scared me and as Simon and David stepped back I moved closer placing a shaking hand on his chest trying to let the rise and fall of his chest combined with his steady heartbeat calm me a little. 

I could feel four pairs of eyes on me as the girls came into the room, I knew that Simon had told David about Ant's condition over the phone but I didn't know if David had told the girls or not. I heard footsteps approaching us and I turned around to see Amanda standing behind me, "Dec? Is he ok what happened to him?"  I realized that she didn't know and neither did Alesha, I wanted to answer her question but the second I opened my mouth tears started falling.

I saw the girls looking at me in sympathy and I looked over at Simon begging him for help with my eyes, he nodded gently at me and turned to the girls. "How about we go next door and I'll explain everything, David you stay here and help Dec look after Ant." His voice was firm leaving no room for argument and the girls gave me one last look before walking back into my room with Simon following after.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and wiped away the tears before I turned to David, "David we need a first aid kit or some bandages or something."  He looked at me for a minute before he nodded, "I don't think we have anything but I'm sure that if we call the front desk and explain what we need then someone can bring us one." I gave him a weak smile in gratitude and he put a hand on my shoulder squeezing it before he went to make the call, I turned back around shifting my attention to Ant.

I sat down on the bed next to him careful to avoid his injured arm and I picked up a tissue off the nightstand and used it to wipe away the fresh blood that leaked from the wounds when we had moved him earlier. I wiped the tissue across one of the cuts and he let out a quite whine in his sleep as the cut spread apart a little, I winced and removed the tissue realizing that the cut must be deeper than I thought.

He whimpered a little and I rubbed a hand down his side while softly shushing him, "It's alright Anth it's just me, it's Decky. I'm just trying to clean you up a little so that we can bandage your arm, I didn't mean to hurt you."   He made a small sound in his sleep and then started moving his other arm across his stomach wrapping his fingers around my hand in his sleep; I smiled sadly and put the tissue on the nightstand taking his hand in both of mine.

He relaxed a little at the gentle touch and I smiled fondly at him before running my finger over his knuckles in small soothing motions. I kept the motion going watching as he slowly relaxed further drifting back of into sleep, "That's right go back to sleep, I've got you Anth."  He let out a quite noise and then his face went slack and the grip of his hand loosened as he fell back asleep. 

I sat there watching his face becoming lost in thought, he looked so childlike and so helpless right now. Usually I would never use the word weak to describe Ant but right now he did look weak and venerable, everything about his body and face screamed pain and loss. His face was sad even in his sleep and I could see the frown lines forming at the corners of his mouth, I hadn't seen him smile once in the last twenty four hours; I felt my heart aching for him.