In My Head Part-30

Simon's POV

I hung up and walked into Stephen's room again my stomach churning as I recalled my conversation with Amanda, Ant had actually told Dec flat out that he wished he were dead?

My heart ached not just for Ant but for Dec as well, Dec loved Ant so much and to hear him say that; I couldn't even imagine how he must be feeling right now, and I made a mental note to ask David to stay here so I could go and check on him for a bit.

"Simon he's doing it again..."

David spoke as I walked through the door and I walked over to the bed where Stephen was twitching again and once more jumbled words that didn't make any sense were coming out of his mouth.

"Ant....no...."

I looked over at David who shrugged and bit his lip, Stephen had been doing this on and off for the last couple of hours since he had fallen asleep and it was always the same words, Ant's name and the word no.

Had he heard us talking about Ant?

Maybe that's why he was saying this, could it be possible Stephen didn't want to hear Ant's name? Was he scared of him or something? Had they fought or something before Stephen did this?

I bit my lip, that would certainly explain a lot of things, why Stephen did it for one and why Ant was feeling so guilty; would Ant have actually said something to hurt him this badly though?

"A-Ant d-don't...."

Stephen spoke again shaking me out of my thoughts and I looked down to see his body twitching on the bed and tears running out of his eyes as he cried silently still asleep but clearly distressed about something and I sighed before I sat down in the chair taking his hand in mine again.

"Easy Stephen it's alright it's only Simon and David you're ok just try and calm down a little.."

Stephen's body stopped twitching, but I heard him let out a small whine and his tears kept on coming, I looked up at David to see him frowning as he watched us and Stephen's body went limp his energy fading again as he fell back into deep sleep.

"Simon...why does he keep saying A- "

I shook my head back and forth silently warning David not to say Ant's name every time we said it Stephen seemed to get upset and as weak as he was the last thing, I wanted was him to wear himself down even more; the doctor had said he needed to stay calm and clearly anything involving Ant or Ant's name would only serve to get him worked up again.

"Don't say his name David."

David raised an eyebrow at me as he settled back in the chair again and I sighed running a thumb over Stephen's knuckles before I continued.

"Every time we say his name Stephen panics again so I don't think we should say it in front of him anymore."

David nodded looking thoughtful as he spoke, "Simon do you think that Stephen and An...and him...fought or something?"

"I don't know David, but I think until we figure out what's going on we need to keep them away from each other and let's not use his name in front of Stephen if we don't have too; I don't think he would have said something to hurt him but then again I wouldn't have thought An-...he would be capable of trying to jump off a building either."

David nodded and we both settled back in our chairs just watching Stephen sleep as an uncomfortable silence started to form broken only by the beeping of the machines, it was creepy and just as I was about to say something to David my phone vibrated again, and I pulled it out glancing down.