In My Head- Part 31

A/N: Had this one on my laptop for a while thought I would go ahead and update, not gonna say much else; **Angst Warning***** 

Simon's POV

I sighed as I walked back down the hall to Stephen's room I didn't really want to go back there but I had promised him I would be right back and if I didn't I would have to go downstairs to the burn ward and face whatever was going on with Dec right now.

Stephen's room seemed the safest option so I pulled my phone out of my pocket silencing the ringing sound as I opened the door and peeked into the dark room.

The room was quite except for the beep of the monitors and my heart softened a little as I caught sight of a figure curled up on the small hospital bed, Stephen's knees were drawn to his chest and he was snuggled into the pillow snoring softly as he slept.

He looked really peaceful right now and the thought made me smile as I pulled over David's chair from earlier and took a seat next to the bed making sure to stay as quite as possible in order to keep from waking him up.

Silence reigned for a bit and I just sat back in the chair watching Stephen sleep for a bit before I pulled my phone and sighed scrolling through an entire list of missed calls and messages marking them all as read just as a noise caught my attention causing me to look up.

It was a quite crying sound coming from the bed and I frowned a little as I went to shush Stephen only to freeze as he spoke in his sleep.

"Ant.....no....stop....don't go....."

I bit my lip, Stephen was talking about Ant again which was something he had been doing almost constantly since we had shown up.

Every time he went to sleep it wasn't but a few minutes until he was calling out for Ant either his name or sometimes a "no" followed by a "Please"; what had happened with Ant and Stephen?

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I leaned back in the chair a small headache starting to form as I thought my eyes wandering around the room, maybe they had fight or....

My thoughts cut off as my eyes landed on the bin beside Stephen's bed or more accurately the cell phone that was lying inside of it.

I felt sick to my stomach as I stood up and pulled the phone as well as the battery out of the bin and took a seat in the chair once more before putting the phone back together and pressing the button to turn it on.

The phone looked oddly familiar and the sick feeling only got worse as the phone powered up, it took a few minutes and then the phone asked for a password before it would turn on.

On a hunch I entered Dec's birthday and my bad feeling was officially confirmed as the phone unlocked changing to a picture of him and Ant hugging in the wings by the stage.

How had Ant's cellphone ended up Stephen's room? He had it last night I was sure of that and when we hadn't found it I had simply assumed it had fallen out of his pocket but now it was in Stephen's room?

The phone vibrated in my hand as a dozen notifications popped up some from twitter some from missed calls and even a few text messages, I blanked the screen and put it in my pocket, I would give it to Dec when I saw him again and he could decide what to do with it.

I looked up only to jump slightly as I saw a pair of blue eyes staring directly at me and I hurried to compose myself before I spoke.

"Hey Stephen I didn't mean to wake you up I just thought you might like some company."

I waited for a response and when none came I went to try again only to stop as I finally caught a good look at Stephen's eyes, they were cloudy and spaced out like he was looking right through me and I realized that he was actually still asleep.