Subsiding Panic

I apologize for any spelling errors I may make, and if you find any, please point them out so I can fix them, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to accidentally make all the characters O.O.C., so I apologize for that as well.

~I do not own Undertale, any of the Undertale AUs, or Steven Universe~

~Error speaking: "Do i iS Gay? yeS."
~Nightmare speaking: "Do I is gay? Yes."
~Destiny speaking: "ժօ í íՏ ցɑվ? վҽՏ."
~Choice speaking: "𝕕𝕠 𝕀 𝕚𝕤 𝕘𝕒𝕪? 𝕪𝕖𝕤."
~Void speaking: "ᖱ✺ ! ! ṧ ❡ᾰ⑂? ⑂ḙṧ."
~Gender speaking: "ᎠᎾ Ꮖ ᏆᏚ ᏩᎪY? YᎬᏚ."
~Identity speaking: "მტ i iႽ ႺႩჄ? ჄპႽ."
~Unnatural speaking: "po ı ıs ƃɐʎ? ʎǝs."
~??? Speaking: "Ԁө Ї ЇЅ ԌДҰ? ҰЄЅ."
Anyone else speaking: "Do I is gay? Yes."

~Chapter 26~

Cross hops through a portal back to Dust and Horror, only to be roughly shaken by a shouting Dust.

"YOU IDIOT! WHERE THE F*CK WERE YOU?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU FRIGHTENED HORROR WHEN YOU DECIDED TO PULL THAT STUNT AND OPENED A PORTAL TO WHO KNOWS WHERE WITH A LOOK OF MURDER ON YOUR FACE?! FOR ALL WE KNEW, YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN STUCK IN A CRUMBLING AU! IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE IF IT WERE JUST ME THAT YOU HAD LEFT BEHIND, BUT HORROR'S HERE TOO! HE'S NOT LIKE US, HE STILL HAS HIS PAPYRUS, HE ISN'T AS USE TO LOSING FAMILY! HE'S ALREADY DEVASTATED OVER KILLER, HE DOESN'T DESERVE THE STRESS OF LOSING YOU TOO! WHAT WERE YO-"

Cross begins to tremble, interrupting Dust by screaming out, "I KNOW! JUST-STOP! IT'S-I-TOomuchtoomuchtoomuch-"

Cross sinks to the ground, his hands flying to where his ears would be as he chants the same two words over and over, his voice shaky as he struggles to breathe properly through the hyperventilating and tears, and Dust's face quickly goes from one of anger to worry.

Dust kneels in front of Cross, grabbing his hands gently away from his head, pulling the other into a hug, pressing Crosses head against his chest and humming softly before mumbling something about needing to get another pair of headphones.

Cross calms down, relaxing slightly as his eyes drift shut, his breathing- though shaky- returning to a normalish speed, and Dust moves his hold around Cross and picks him up bridal style as he stands up making his way back over to Horror, who he had snatched a beanbag from the AU they were in for.

Horror looked up at Dust, and seeing Cross in his arms, Horror sat up saying "Bring over- please- Dust please bring him over here?"

Dust nods, a sad smile on his face at just how in shambles his two remaining family members emotional states were, setting Cross down next to Horror, and Cross's eyes snap open, though Horror quickly pulls Cross into a hug, mumbling about how worried he was, rocking back and forth gently, before shakily bringing one hand up to the headphones he was wearing and pulling them off, putting them on Cross and shooshing the younger while resuming his rocking which calms Cross back down quickly.

Horror mumbles out, "Killer- I wish- I wish Killer was- Killer would be better at this, he was always better at being comforting. It's- I- It's funny how we're all getting along a bit better after the guy who usually acts as our mediator died..."

Horror lets out a dull laugh before looking away from Cross and Dust and quietly saying, "It's not a funny joke though..."

Dust sits himself down on the beanbag next to Horror and Cross, pulling the two into his arms and laying back with a sigh, silently praying to whatever greater being that might listen for him Cross and Horror to make it out of things okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outer Beauty and Sci had sat down on the 'ground' of the Doodle Sphere, and were talking, which was more Beauty rambling- not that Outer minded- and Outer could feel Sci staring at him as if just waiting for him to slip up and hurt Beauty, which was making Outer kind of uncomfortable, but he refused to back down because Sci of all people scared him, and it was kind of obvious Beauty was excited that someone actually wanted to be friends with them- Outer couldn't help but feel angry that anyone would want to hurt them.

Speaking of Beauty, it was sweet watching them get so excited over the things that they liked- Outer never thought he would be so happy to listen to someone ramble on about how great the color green was, or how they had a funny little creature they call "Mini-Sci" that sometimes hung out at Sci's lab (It was amusing and odd at the same time to see Sci nod in approval at the mention of said creature)

Outer was honestly enjoying himself, and it had been quite a while since the last AU had crumbled, and there hadn't been any shaking for a while, so it seemed like things were going decently, or at least as decent as it could get after everything- while Sci and Beauty seemed okay at the moment, there were others that were friends with some of those had died earlier, and Outer felt bad that he wasn't truly close to anyone, usually only acquaintance because of his AU being a popular tourist attraction on Pacifist runs.

Outer shook his head lightly, turning his attention back to Beauty, who had moved on to rambling about something new, when their eyes widened and they say, "Hey, what if we headed over to Sci's? Only if Sci says it's okay- and if you want to- Sorry, uh, I probably shouldn't have said that- I- Words- I-"

Sci shooshes Beauty before saying, "It's fine, don't worry Bea, you didn't say anything wrong. He can come over if you want, I just don't want you two alone if you're not in the living room or kitchen."

Outer can feel the distrust in Sci's gaze as he looks over to him, his silent threat loud and clear to the space themed skeleton.

Outer suppresses an unsettled shiver and nods, replying with "I'd love to come over! Let me just tell Pap, okay?" Before quickly shooting his brother a text, knowing he'd get worried if he went to check on Outer and he wasn't there.

Beauty claps their hands together with a smile before standing up, Outer and Sci follow soon after, and Sci pulls out a small remote like device, using it to open a portal before the three walk through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ink and Dream were chilling on the couch, Ink munching on a pancake- Dream didn't realize how overboard he had gone and made way more than he meant to- and Dream cuddled up to Ink.

It was honestly really quiet, but the two were okay with that, everything felt like it was going so fast and they really needed a break, even if it was a very small one.

Ink finished the pancake he had been eating and began petting Dream's head gently, only to stop and blink as he noticed an odd blue and white thing on the ground, and Dream tilted his head up slightly to look up at Ink while asking, "Ink? What is it?" In a soft voice, sounding as if he had begun to drift to sleep.

Ink shook his head lightly, noting that the small creature was still there, and he gave it a nervous look of distrust, shifting so that his arms are around Dream in a protective manner while responding with, "It's nothing, don't worry about it."

Dream hums in response, shifting slightly before closing his eyes as Ink continues to stare at the small creature on floor, and when he finally looks away for a moment, his eyes flicking over to Dream for a moment before looking back over to where the creature was, the small thing was gone, making Ink blink in confusion.

He looked around not able to see the creature anywhere though he notices a large blanket placed beside him, confusing him as to how it got there before seeing a note written in large and neat handwriting, with three words written on it.

Y'ALL ARE CUTE.

Ink's skull flushed a dark gray, and he shakes his head before carefully- as to not bother Dream- picks the blanket up, managing to unfold it and lay it over Dream and himself, admiring the yellow and purple flowery design of it for a moment before letting his thoughts wander.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haha I've just realized how much of myself I put into these characters- it's not enough for you to figure my personality out I don't think, but I swear- Most of the characters have my ability to have at least one mental breakdown a day, Beauty has my trash social skills, I'm pretty sure I've given quite a few of them my sensory issue garbage, I've stated in that one character info book that some of Ink's problems are because of ADHD which is a huge mood, and I need to stop ranting now- also hehe I can't tell if Drink is gonna be a ship or if it's just gonna be a really close friendship hehghsjrhkdkdiyyfd- ALSO also sorry this almost came out late, my brain pulled a stupid and I didn't write anything till Friday.

Word Count: 1530