Bad Decisions

I apologize for any spelling errors I may make, and if you find any, please point them out so I can fix them, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to accidentally make all the characters O.O.C., so I apologize for that as well.

~I do not own Undertale, any of the Undertale AUs, or Steven Universe~

~Error speaking: "Do i iS Gay? yeS."
~Nightmare speaking: "Do I is gay? Yes."
~Anyone else speaking: "Do I is gay? Yes."

~Chapter 1~

It had been oddly peaceful for Error that day, Ink hadn't created any new AUs in a while, and the Voices were strangely silent. Error was currently sitting on the Anti-Void "floor" sewing a new bandana for Blue.

He suddenly sighed and stood up, deciding to go to Outertale, wishing to see the stars that he hadn't seen in so long because of how busy he was.

Error opened a portal, and silently stepped through, looking up at the sky that never failed to fill him with wonder and amazement, and sighing softly, he sat down on the edge of the cliff, allowing his legs to dangle over the Void as he continued his sewing, softly humming a gentle tune, feeling... content. He was so caught up in his sewing that he didn't notice Outer seeing him, and Outer looked alarmed, having not seen Error in a while.

Outer quickly and quietly snuck away from Error, and contacted Ink, letting him know of Errors presence in Outertale, Ink in a panic opened a portal next to Outer almost directly after Outer explained, Dream and Blue following him through the portal as he rushed through.

"Where is he? Has he started destroying anything yet? Has h-" Inks worried rambling was suddenly cut off by Dream putting a hand on his shoulder, and comfortingly reassuring Ink with a gentle, "It's alright Ink, calm down. Error doesn't seem to have destroyed anything yet, so we're fine."

Dream looked up a bit, pausing before saying, "It feels weirdly positive here... It's... Strange? I would have expected a lot more negativity considering Error is here. You'd think there would be more panic."

Ink doesn't respond, only nodding before turning to face Dream and Outer, and ordering Outer to start getting people to safer places, letting his face sofen, taking on a more gentle and calmed look, something much different from his usual over emotional and expressive expression.

Dream looked at Ink with a concerned and confused expression, before deciding to brush it off, despite feeling as if something is wrong.

Blue, knowing better than to brush off Ink's odd behavior, and he turned to Dream, telling him that he would stay back for a little to make sure that the citizens of OuterTale got to safety.

Dream only nodded in response, quickly following Ink to look for Error, and as soon as he was out of sight, Blue pulled out his phone, opening up the Messages app, and texting Nightmare that something was up with Ink, and they were in OuterTale after Outer reported that he had seen Error there, before quickly turning his phone off and tucking it away in a hidden pocket of sorts in his scarf, added in by Error (with normal yarn of course, if Error used his strings Ink and Dream would notice the Destroyer's Magic almost immediately, and that wouldn't be good.)

Blue sprinted off in the direction that Ink and Dream left, quickly finding them approaching a cliff, he joins them, when suddenly he spots a darkly colored figure.

All three of the skeletons immediately recognize Error (Not that it's hard to do so, with how different Error looks compared to others.) and Ink starts quickly sneaking towards Error, the glitching skeleton seemingly not noticing.

Before Ink can reach Error, he stands up, quickly moving to the side, while grabbing Ink's arm with his strings, stopping Ink from falling into the Void.

Error only sighs, pulling Ink away from the edge before dismissing his strings, and grumbling out, "WHy MuST you aLWayS Do THiS iNKy?" Before jumping back in surprise as red paint was flung at him, forgetting that he was at the edge of the cliff.

Blue rushed forwards, grabbing Errors sleeve as said glitching skeleton started falling, and Error only gave him a sad smile, only just keeping it together as he whispered out a small, "i'M SoRRy..." just before error signs covered his eyes, his sleeve ripping off as he plummeted into the Void.

Blue could only sit there, staring at the spot that his best friend had just been, tears welling up in his eyes as he gripped the torn piece of Error's sleeve, waves of sorrow washing over him as he grieved over his friend's sudden death.

Nightmare suddenly opens a portal, rushing through, only to halt at the scene in front of him. He rushed over to Blue when Ink and Dream only stood there in silence.

Nightmare managed to pull Blue away from the edge of the cliff, gently shaking the normally cheerful skeletons shoulders.

When he finally got Blue to snap out of his shaken state, Nightmare immediately asked, "I got here as soon as I could! What happened?!? Where is Error?!?" In an uncharacteristically worried tone, knowing something was wrong, feeling the large amounts of negativity coming from the usually positive skeleton.

Blue only sniffled, holding up the piece of Errors sleeve, and whispering "H-he's dead..."
In a shaky voice. He trembled for a second before starting to sob as he buried his head into Nightmares goopy chest as he gripped Nightmares sleeves.

Nightmare only blinked, before he started to tremble, slowly turning back into his passive form as he started to cry, hugging Blues shaking form close to him, as if he would lose Blue as well if he let go.

They stood there for a while, sobbing in each other's embrace, only to jump as Dream let out a soft "Brother?" Nightmare gently pried Blue off of him as he turned to Dream, a glare on his tear stained face.

Dream flinches as Nightmare growls out, "You killed Error... You kilLED HIM! YOU ARE NOT MY BROTHER! I WAS ONLY JUST STARTING TO FORGIVE YOU, AND YOU RUINED IT! I STILL CARED ABOUT YOU, AND YOU HAD TO GO AND F*CK IT UP! Y-you, y-you..."

Nightmare sobbed harder than he had been before, Blue rubbing his back comfortingly, before glaring at Ink and Dream, then turning back to Nightmare, and saying, "You should go h-home. I'm coming w-with you, I don't want to have to b-be around these two." Spitting out the last two words like poison, and hiccuping every once and a while, tears still falling from his eyes every now and again.

Nightmare only nodded, opening a portal to the mansion, Blue leading him through the portal after picking up the bandana that had been placed on the ground before Error had fallen into the Void, leaving Ink and Dream standing there, Dream looking lost, and Ink just stood there, with a odd smile on his face.

Despite his smile, Ink didn't feel right. He wasn't sure what he was feeling as he had only ever felt the limited emotions that he could from his vials, but he was feeling guilt. He turned to Dream, who was still standing there in shock, staring at the spot that his brother- no- Nightmare had just been, tear streaming silently down his cheeks.

Ink shook Dream out of his thoughts, and gently said, "It's alright... let's go hold a meeting to announce the death of Error, that'll cheer you up!" Dream only nodded, Inks words not making him feel any better about what just happened.

He let Ink drag him through a portal, feeling numb as his br- Nightmares words repeated inside his head. He felt so BAD he didn't think this would happen, despite knowing that Ink thought that Error had to die. He just ignored it, assuming that everything would be fine.

He was DEAD WRONG...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow that took forever to write! I'm disappointed that it is so short, but half way through I got writer's block, and months later I finally start writing again. I'm not exaggerating either, I started writing this shortly after the whole lockdown (Is that the correct word?) happened. Either way, I hope to get a new chapter out soon, but I can't promise anything with how off and on writing can be for me.

Word count: 1425