Chapter46

Abdullah..
Next day
"Ummi, what!? I blurted out, unsure of what I have just heard. "You heard me clearly, right? I won't repeat myself," she said, standing up from the dining area. I was taken aback, almost hitting the dining table in shock.

Ummi, please listen to me! How can I go and apologize to that woman? Think about it, Ummi. The woman who hates me... please don't ask me to do this, I beg of you. I just can't apologize."

As she walked away towards the stairs, I slammed the flower vase in frustration, running my hand through my hair. She turned back, exclaiming, "If you continue breaking items here, you'll have to pay for them with your own money!" before disappearing from sight. I chased after her, calling out, "Ummi, wait!"

"Ummi!" I called out as I walked towards her room. "Abdullah, Abdullah," she replied, " I called me twice. You should come and hit me, then I'll know you're angry. I'll know you're truly upset... just show the world that you're truly upset."

"Ummi, try to understand, it's not easy," I pleaded.

It's easy for you to forgive, Abdullah, easy for you to forget. I don't know where you got this stubborn heart... and for your information, you should go crazy if you like, but I'm going back to your father soon. If you like, kill yourself."

"Ummi, WHAT!!!?" I exclaimed in shock.

yes!" she affirmed. "

"No, no, no, no, Ummi, please! I'll do whatever you say, wallahi, Ummi, I swear I will. Even if you want me to apologize on my knees, I'll do anything you want."

"But Ummi, please don't go back to that man's house, please Ummi," I begged, on my knees. "Ummi, I know you're old enough to know what's right and wrong for you, but wallahi, Ummi, going back to his house isn't a good idea."

Just as Ummi is about to respond, a knock sounded from the door. "Who's there?" Ummi asked. "Ma'am, you have a visitor," the person on the other side of the door started to say, but I quickly stood up, trying to open the door.

Ummi hold my hand firmly, warning in a stern voice, "Wallahi, khatwat ukraa aydan yajb an tadhab watabhath ean amin ukra" (one more step, and you'll go and find another mother).

"Ummi, because of these people...," I started to say, but she cut me off. I took a deep breath, wiping away my tears. "I can't find anyone better than you, Ummi. I always want what makes you happy. If going back to Abba's house will make you happy, then it's fine with me," I said, trying to sound normal despite my inner turmoil.I always like what you want, and you want me to go to that house and ask for forgiveness. I'll do this for you..." I trailed off, shaking my head. "I'll take care of her like my mother," I said, forcing a painful smile. "

Forgive me for what I said to you today. If I've wronged you, please forgive me." I turned to leave, not looking back at Ummi. I opened the door and walked out, stopping midway down the stairs where Abba and Ya Sadeeq are standing. I managed to muster a smile. "Yaya, you're here," I said, walking towards him and ignoring Abba.

What's wrong? You cried?"

I didn't respond, and Ya Sadeeq hold my hand, leading me away from Ummi's part of the house.

Lil, what's wrong?" he asked again. I just hugged him and burst into tears.

"Yaya, I always want Ummi to be happy... since she's happy about going back to your father's house, who am I to say I'm not happy? Since she wants me to be nice to that woman, who am I to say I won't?" I sobbed.

Ya Sadeeq comforted me, "Shhhh, now tell me exactly what's the problem. You don't like her to go back to Abba's house, or you don't want to apologize to that woman?"

Yaya I'm hurt I am the only one that knows what I'm going to through.. who am I to say I won't opologize since ummi want to disown me because of them ya sadeeq I won't ever forgive that people,I hate them just because of them ummi was telling me that I should find another mother.something that she never told me in my life.

"Yaya, please guide me. Ummi told me to go and kill myself if I wanted to. Can you believe that?" I shook my head, feeling distraught. Ya Sadeeq led me to the garden, and we sat down on a chair. "Lil, you're still young, just 28! Don't let tension consume you. Let Ummi do what makes her happy; I'll help her out. I promise, everything will be okay."

I felt a pang in my heart. "What hurts most, Yaya, is that she told me to find another mother. Why is Ummi doing this to me?" Ya Sadeeq offered comforting words, "Shhh, she's just saying that. Nothing like that will ever happen."

Just then, Ya Sadeeq's face lit up with a smile. "Guess what?" he asked, his eyes sparkling with excitement. I gazed up at the sky, curious. "We just returned from the hospital. We went for a check-up, and guess what? Sufyan has finally woken up!" We exclaimed together, "Yes, Lil!"

"Sufyan has woken up!" I exclaimed, overwhelmed with joy. Without thinking, I snatched his car keys and sprinted towards the car, spinning around in circles like a child, while sadeeq laughed heartily behind me. I jumped into the driver's seat, forgetting all my worries and troubles, and drove off with a huge smile on my face. My happiness is contagious, and I find myself driving to the hospital, feeling carefree and exhilarated.