Chapter9

Abdullah...
After dropping Zarah off at home, I returned to the hotel where we were staying. "She's really nice and friendly," I thought, smiling. "She made me laugh." When I glanced at her phone, I noticed she had saved my number as "Crush." "I usually don't trust people easily," I thought, "but she seemed calm and stubborn in a good way."

I changed into comfortable clothes, closed my eyes, and fell into a deep slumber, forgetting to call Asma. I woke up to the sound of noise filling the room. "Wake up! You just disappeared without informing me, and we were searching for you like crazy!" a voice scolded. "We'll talk tomorrow, please," I muttered, closing my eyes again, trying to escape the confrontation.

Since we woke up for Fajr prayer, we didn't return to sleep - something I'd never done before. Typically, after praying Fajr and returning from the masjid, I'd recite the Quran and then go back to sleep. But today is different; it's the wedding Fatiha, and I am returning to Abuja later. My phone shrilled, and I walked towards the balcony to pick up the call.

Hey, babe!" I exclaimed, answering the phone. But she didn't say anything, and I know she's mad at me.

I'm so sorry, Asma. You called me yesterday, and I haven't picked up any of your calls, nor have I had the chance to call you back. I was in the hall when you called." I apologized, trying to make amends. "God, I never lie, and it doesn't fit me at all.

It's okay, I'm just worried you aren't picking up my calls. How's the wedding?" she asked, her tone softening. "

Alhamdulillah... how are you doing?"

Fine, but I missed your voice yesterday."

Really?!" I replied, "I missed yours a lot too."

She laughs, "I hope no one got your attention yesterday."

"Of course not," I said. "But there's a girl who caught my attention yesterday, but I didn't like her in that way. She's just really nice and friendly."

There's silence on the other end of the line. "Anyway," I said, trying to change the subject, "what did you do yesterday?"

We chatted for an hour before hanging up. I dialed Sufyan's number, and he picked up after three rings.

"Huh, someone is missing me so badly?"

"You aren't serious; me miss you, my foot!" "

So tell me, I called Ummi some days back when you landed in Nigeria, and she told me that you've been crying to her about missing me... you just can't live without me..."

I let out a laughter, "You're not serious, bro!" "So, what's up? How's Kd?" "Fine, bro, how are you coping there?" "Hope everything is alright..." "Yeah, everything's Alhamdulillah fine, but I've missed you a little."

I laugh says the person who said I miss him you spill out the truth...I gotta go chat up later...

With that I went and took bath...then slip into my ash kaftan..
*************

After the Zuhr prayer, around 1:30, the wedding ceremony came to a close. I congratulated the happy couple, and then Sufyan and I headed back to Abuja. The next day, I returned to school, and everything is going smoothly. Our final year exams were approaching, scheduled for the following month, God willing.

My relationship with Asma is also going great. At the moment, Sufyan and I were sitting on the bed, both engrossed in our phones. He is  busy chatting, while I was playing a FIFA game. Suddenly, Sufyan threw a pillow in my direction, saying, "Can you please turn off that sound? It's disturbing me." I responded by raising my middle finger without saying a word.

Sufyan persisted, "Abdullah, the sound is really disturbing me. I'm serious. I want to do something. What do you want to do? Tell me." I want to make a video call (Kunt arghab fi eamal fidyu). He  replied,

"And what does my sound have to do with your call? I won't turn it off." He got up from the bed, put on his shirt, and sat on the sofa.

He started his video call, while I continued playing my game. Later, I scrolled through my Instagram and saw that Zarah Tukur had posted a new picture. I thought to myself, "God, I totally forgot about this girl! I swear, since the night I took her home and told Asma about her, I followed her account back and then completely forgot about her existence." Her picture is  with a friend, and I couldn't even recognize her. But then I saw her story, which read,

"The person you love the most will hurt you the most." That caught my attention, and I sent her a message through DM, "Who hurt my beautiful zarah and made her sad?"🥺

Short chapter please manage it I'm sorry!!!
So Abdul is dan duniya he already forget about zarah existence...
Did you like Abdul and sufyan relationship?

Follow for more updates

Love you guys alot ❤️

Ummeetarh05 🌹