Chapter64

Six months later
Abdullah..
"Bro, what do you think?" I asked, my voice laced with concern. "I'm scared to tell Ummi about this. Zarah's pregnant, and it might affect the baby." I rubbed my hands anxiously.

Sufyan replied, "See, bro, just tell her the truth. Share your plans with her; she might be able to help you with something. I mean, telling Ummi can't hurt, right?"

I sighed, feeling frustrated. "Sufyan, you won't understand. Zarah's pregnancy is changing her, and I'm scared. What if things go wrong?"

Sufyan placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Just try, man! I'm here for you, always. I'll help and support you in any way I can."

He paused, then suggested, "Let's go and meet Ummi.

Come on, I'll go with you." I looked at him, feeling a sense of gratitude for his unwavering support.

"The months flew by in a blur, and everything seemed to be falling into place with Ummi, Zarah, and everyone else. Asma is seeking my guidance, but I am terrified to confide in Ummi and Zarah about it. This pregnancy has transformed Zarah into a different person, and I fear her reaction. If she discovers my secret, she'll likely unleash her wrath upon me!"

I continued, fretting about Ummi's potential response. "What can I do? Ummi has already relocated to Abba's residence, a blessing in disguise. The cruel woman was finally expelled from our home after Ya Sadeeq caught her in the act. She confessed her misdeeds and begged for forgiveness. My mother and sister, with their kind hearts, forgave her instantly. However, I've made a promise to myself to never forgive her. She made my life a living hell, and I can't simply forget that."

"Wait, I have a solution!" Sufyan exclaimed.

"Please, spare me the details," I snapped, rolling my eyes. "

I swear I'll help you, don't you trust me?" Sufyan asked, seemingly hurt.

"Why the hell would I trust you?" I replied, my tone dripping with skepticism.

Sufyan shrugged. "Okay, whatever. Why don't you meet with Ya Sadeeq and tell him everything? Maybe he can help and talk to Ummi."

I nodded, a smile spreading across my face. "Yeah, that's it, bro. Thanks."

I playfully punched Sufyan on the shoulder. "Screw you!"

He laughed, chuckling. "Fucking bastard!" We headed directly to Ya Sadeeq's office.

"Ya Sadeeq, I have a problem," I said, massaging my beard as I settled into the chair facing him.

Ya Sadeeq's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "And what's the matter?" he asked, his tone encouraging me to open up.

Sufyan began to recount the events.

He said we're out of our minds, that I've lost all sense of reason." He suggested I should exclude him from this matter, emphasizing that marriage is no child's play. But, being my stubborn self, I refused to leave until he finally agreed to support me.

I let out a sigh of relief as we drove to Ummi's house, unsure if Zarah has return from school. She is writing her final exams, and her pregnancy is now visible - a blessing I am grateful for. Four months prior, she has attended her friend's wedding in Kaduna. As we stepped out of the car, we headed straight to Ummi's quarters, where Abba is also present. Our relationship has improved significantly, and I greeted them warmly.

After dropping Sufyan home, I returned to my house, where Zarah was peacefully asleep on the couch. I smiled, gently pecking her cheeks. My beautiful wife, radiant even in slumber.