Chapter28

One week later...
Zarah..
"I can't believe he actually cheated on her! Oh my god, I never thought he'd do something like that," I said, taking a bite of my ice cream.

"Some men are truly worthless," I added, shaking my head. "Just look at how much Rabi'a loves him, and yet he still betrayed her like that."I paused, savoring my ice cream.

I'm telling you, she cried so much that day. It's disgusting how he acted innocent, but inside, he's just a hypocrite."

Farida, Ama, and I were enjoying our ice cream at the Ice Cream Palace, discussing our course mate's personal issues.

"So, Zarah, when did Abdul say his guidance counselors are arriving?" Farida asked, looking at me.

"Well, today's Saturday, right? He told me they're coming on Monday," I replied. "I'm so happy to see his relationship with his father improving, though."
The conversation continued, with the three of us chatting about our plans, coursework, and social lives, grateful for our supportive friendship.

"Are you serious? Yeah, he told me that too...his stepbrother is trying to fix everything, but he still doesn't like his father," I said.

"Talking about him, he told me that he and Sufyan are coming today, but I didn't know if he changed his plans since time has passed and he hasn't called yet," I added.

"Well, Sufyan has come back, but he'll return home in two weeks and come back again.

"You mean to say they're both joining us here?" Farida and Ama exclaimed in unison, drawing attention from the people around us.

"Great guys! Drag their attention over here," I muttered, trying to keep a low profile.

"No, they're not," I said, rolling my eyes. "Oh!" I burst out laughing. "What if they do join us?" I chirped, looking at my friends.

We all shared a laugh at the possibility, enjoying our ice cream and each other's company.

"That would be superb! We'd get the chance to talk to him about the wedding," Farida said, excitement in her voice.

"You guys are crazy, you know? I'm not comfortable around him like I used to be. Wallahi, I'm shy of him now," I admitted, feeling a bit awkward.

"Did you tell him where you are right now?" Ama asked, curiosity in her eyes.

"No, he hasn't called yet," I replied, checking my phone for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Oh my god, my ice cream is melting!" I exclaimed, quickly finishing it off in one gulp.

"Let me have your phone, please," Ama said, not waiting for a response before typing away on my screen and handing it back to me.

"Hey, aren't you getting another ice cream?" I asked Farida, eyeing her cone longingly.

"I will, please keep your eyes off my thing," she said with a laugh.

"Sorry, my Fari," I apologized, rummaging through my bag for my trusty extra spoon. "Thank God no one is watching me," I muttered to myself, relieved to have my backup utensil on hand.

"Please, guys, look around and make sure no one is watching me," I whispered, digging my spoon into the ice cream. "Mmm, nothing beats vanilla ice cream."

Just as I was savoring the creamy goodness, I felt the chair beside me being pulled out, and someone settled in. The familiar scent of Abdul's cologne wafted towards me, and I could feel his eyes on me. I raised my head, whipping it towards the direction of the gaze, and came face-to-face with him. My eyes widened in embarrassment - he'd caught me red-handed, or rather, red-spooned, taking a generous helping of ice cream!

HER CRUSH On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara