Chapter60

Zarah...
He gently wiped away my tears, his touch soothing my skin. "Why the tears again?" he whispered in my ear, his voice soft and gentle.

"You!" I whined, pouting my lips in a playful scowl. "Me? What did I do?" He asked, and smuggled deeper into his embrace.He smiled, his light dimples appearing.

You won't apologize, right? See what I mean? You always do this to me."I looked up at him, my eyes meeting his warm gaze.

I always do what?" he asked, arching his brow in mock confusion.

I kept quiet, biting my lower lip as I savored the moment. "Since when did you fall sick?" I asked instead, concern etched on my face.

"Just yesterday," he muttered, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close. We cuddled together, our bodies swaying gently.

"Are you taking your meds?" I asked, my voice laced with worry.

He smiled, showing his teeth in a mischievous grin. "Yes, na. Ummi gave me one, but it tasted bitter. So, when I saw she wasn't watching, I went to the washroom and poured it down the drain."

"Naughty boy!" I teased, laughing and playfully slapping his arm.

He chuckled, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "That's the only thing I can do these days. She's been forcing me to take some herbs, but I don't know why."

"Then she's doing it for your health; she's trying hard to see you become a healthy person," I said, trying to reason with him.

"I'm healthy, na!" he protested, but I cut him off.

"No, you aren't. And guess what? You're stressing yourself out about the wedding."

"Not really!" he said, but I knew better.

"Yes, you are," I insisted.

Okay, okay, girl, I agree with whatever you say. My lips are tied," he said, surrendering to my persistence.

"Then why are you stressing out?" I asked, curious.

He rubbed his cheeks against mine, and I felt a flutter in my chest. "Sometimes this girl talks a lot," he teased, making me pout.

"I talk a lot," I admitted, pecking his lips. "Yes, like a chatterbox!"

You know it feels good to be in your arms again," I muttered, snuggling closer.

I know," he said, his voice low and husky.

I love you just the way you are."

He shook his head, "No, no, you don't love me the way I am, babe. You know..." He smiled, leaving the sentence unfinished, but I knew what he meant.

"Why now, speak up!" I urged, but he hesitated. "You'll be angry again."

"No, I won't," i  promised. "

Okay, you know the difference between you and Asma? Whenever we fight, she would never say a word to hurt me like you normally do. It really hurts to hear those words coming from you." He said, his  voice barely above a whisper.

"I hurt you a lot..." i  admitted, my voice laced with regret.

"You always hurt me with your words... but what can I do?" He said, smiling wistfully as he rubbed his  nose gently against mine . He kissed my forehead, and I felt a surge of love for him.

"How's the little one doing?" he asked, touching my stomach.

"We're both fine; we just miss Daddy a lot." I replied, my voice filled with longing. "And Daddy misses you guys too, a lot.