Chapter52

Zarah...
Around 2:00 pm, we were having lunch when we received the news that Ummi would be returning to Abba's house. The marriage would be restored on Friday, insha Allah. Abdul's reaction is telling - he isn't happy at all. He barely touched his food, just pushing it around his plate with his spoon. Eventually, he pushed the plate aside and stood up.

"Abdullah, come back here!" Ummi called out.

He turned his head towards her, "Ummi, wallah, I'm full."

Come back here," she scolded.

He looked up at her,

What's the problem?"She asked him directly, her tone firm but concerned.

"Wala shay, Ummi (nothing, Ummi)," Abdul said, pushing his plate away.

"Oya, start eating," Ummi encouraged, but Abdul had already lost his appetite. He typically enjoyed food, but today he only managed four spoonfuls of rice before getting up to leave. I followed him, concerned.

As he headed towards his car, I quickened my pace to catch up. "Abdul, please wait! I'm tired of walking fast," I said, panting and holding my stomach.

He turned towards me, "What's wrong?" and helped me stand straight.

"Where are you heading?" I asked, looking at him questioningly.

He hesitated before nodding, "Somewhere. And you're coming with me."

I remembered my hijab, "My hijab..." I muttered, looking at my simple maroon gown and black scarf.

Abdul urged, "Let's go, Zarah, please. We need to hurry."

I slid into the passenger seat, and Abdul got into the driver's seat, starting the engine. He pulled over to the roadside and bought yogurt and doughnuts. "Eat this, you haven't finished your food, and you must be hungry," he said, offering me a snack.

"Abdul, I'm okay, seriously. You're the one who needs to eat this, not me," I protested.

He shook his head, "I'm okay too."

I asked again, "Where are we heading to?"

He replied vaguely, "Somewhere."

I didn't like his evasive answer and muttered, "I don't like this your 'somewhere,' and I don't like you acting so cool." I took a bite of the doughnut, admitting, "Yeah, I'm hungry."

Abdul just hummed in response, and the ride fell silent. He drove us to a secluded spot, and as we got out of the car, he whispered, "Shhhh, no more questions, please. Let's go."

The place is eerily quiet, with only the sound of birds chirping in the distance.

"Abdul, what are we doing here?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

He smiled, holding my hands, and led me to a secluded spot. "You know, I used to come here whenever I felt lonely."

We walked and settled down on a wooden bench, and Abdul gazed up at the sky. His expression turned somber, and he began to open up about his past.

"You know, Zarah, when Abba divorced Ummi, we were treated badly. They made us feel like trash. Abba abandoned us, and they tried to drive me mad. They insulted us, maltreated us... I was only 9 or 10 years old then."

His voice cracked, and he forced a fake smile. "Tell me, Zarah, why do you think they've come back now, seeing that we can stand on our own feet? They're definitely planning something to harm Ummi. Ummi won't understand; their next target is to... "

He trailed off, and I sensed a deep pain and fear in his words. It's as if he is hinting at a dark secret, a painful memory from their past that still haunted him.

"Some years back," he continued, his voice barely above a whisper, "we were all living a good and happy life... but then everything changed."

So Abdul is ready to tell his story to zarah.
Yeah,all ears on you Abdul👂🏻😂

Shortest chapter
Manage this please😇
Ummeetarh05