Chapter32

Zarah...
I can't believe it's just one month to my wedding! Ya Allah, time flies like a blink of an eye. My in-laws will be here today for the kayan lefe (traditional wedding gifts). I can't believe I'm marrying Abdul, the man of my dreams. God, I feel a ticking sensation thinking about it, and it all feels like a dream. My relationship with him is going smoothly; he's the best thing that ever happened to me. He's so gentle and calm, always acting gentle and calm towards me. Alhamdulillah, Anty Ramla has given birth to a cute baby girl, and Uncle Isma'il surprised her with a makeup shop on their anniversary - I love surprises!

But there's one thing that's bothering me: my studies will be transferred to Abuja Baze University. I'll miss my friends; I've been complaining about this to Abdul, but he told me not to worry, as his sisters are also studying there."

"His step-sister, Hanan, is also studying medicine; he'll introduce me to her before the wedding, as well as Fadila, who's studying business. I felt happy upon hearing that, but my concern is whether they're nice or not... well, we'll get to know soon enough.

It's been a while since I last saw Abdul - I think almost two months - but we've been constantly in touch through phone calls. Today, the house is quite noisy because they're preparing food for my in-laws... I just don't want them to come and see me in this state, so I better run away from the house and go to either Farida's or Ama's place...

God, Abdul is so shameless! Wallah, you know he called asking me about my innerwear size, and instead of just saying "innerwear," he was saying everything in detail! Wallah, men are shameless! I just felt like digging a hole and hiding..."

"I was thinking about his other girl, but I don't know much about her since he hasn't mentioned her to me lately. It's surprising, as he used to talk about her often before... I shrugged off my thoughts and got ready for a shower, wrapping a towel around me and heading to the bathroom. After a refreshing cool shower, I stood in front of my vanity, rubbing cream on my skin. As I searched for an outfit in my closet, my phone rang - its Abdul, and it's a video call!

I quickly put on my hijab and slid to answer the call. "My wifey," he said with that adorable smile on his face. God, this guy is handsome! What stands out most is his brow and those cute lips, plus his well-trimmed beard and low fade haircut that suits his skin tone perfectly."

"I'm not your wife yet, ah toh...

Babe, just a few weeks or months left," he massaged his beard. "See how you're glowing, babe; you're making me go insane, wallahi!"

I chuckled and replied, "You're not serious, Abdul; I'm going out now."

"Where exactly?" he asked, arching his brows as he rubbed his beard, a habit he is fond of.

"Ama's house," I answered. "Okay, take care," he said, ending the call.

I went through my closet and rummaged out a brown maxi gown, which I wore. Then, I walked to my vanity and applied some powder. I glanced at the clock; it was 1:00 PM. I put on lip balm, grabbed my bag, and wrapped my veil around me. I took a final glance at myself before spraying my perfume and stepping out of the room...

As soon as I left the room, the aroma of whatever they are cooking hit my nose. Instead of sneaking out unnoticed, my legs seemed to have a mind of their own and walked me straight to the kitchen...

"Anty Ramla is here with Anty Sadiya, both busy cooking. I greeted Anty Sadiya, while Anty Ramla didn't look up, knowing exactly why I came... '
Lfya lou, where are you heading to?' she asked. 'Ama's house,' I replied. 'The aroma here brought me; please keep some for me until I return.' She initially refused, but after much pleading, she agreed, and I quickly escaped before Ammi saw me – I'm 100% sure she wouldn't let me out if she did!