13| tweedledumb and tweedledumbass

Chapter 13: tweedledumb and tweedledumbass

"Hello?" Robby responds unsure.

"It's me; Sofia." I say scared for him.

"Look I'm so-" he starts but I cut him off, "There's a GPS tracker in every single car from the Dealership. They're gonna use it to track you down. You need to remove it." 

"What? How?" he asks clearly confused.

"Just remove it." he says.

"I don't know where it is!" 

"OK, i'll meet you at the shelter and help you remove it alright? I know where it is." I say.

"Alright." 

"Do you need anything? Money or clothes?" I ask him.

"Nothing." he says.

"Alright i'll meet you in about twenty." I say and hang up. 

I quickly grab a flat screwdriver, I take it and quickly run back to my skateboard and step on it, I push as fast as I can and ride back to the shelter. I arrive at the shelter breathless and find Robby hiding behind the caravan. 

"Robby!" I say through multiple breaths.

"So where is it?" he asks me. I nod and open the driver's side of the door, I get inside and look. 

"They're smart, they put it under the car." I say impressed.

"Can you remove it?"he asks me clearly scared.

"Yeah, I can. Thank god I'm a skinny person." i say and grab my skate. I press my back on my board and tuck my stomach even more inside, i slowly slide under the car and look for the GPS tracker. 

"Ok, pass me the screwdriver." I say putting my hand out. he passes it to me and I slowly remove the tracker. I don't want it to turn off, i need it to still be turned on. I slowly remove it carefully not turning it off. When I finally remove it I get out from under the table holding the tracker like it's a trophy. 

"Why is the green light still flashing?" he asks pointing at the green flashing light

"Because I didn't turn it off." I smile mischievously. 

"Why not?" he asks me clearly confused.

"We don't want them to think you removed it do we? I'm gonna throw it somewhere lead Daniel towards the wrong direction." I tell him. 

"OK. Thanks." he says.

"I better get going, I was supposed to get back to the hospital." i say looking down

"How is he?" 

"He's in a coma." I say looking down sadly but then decide to look back up with a smile, "You should get going." He nods and gets inside the car. I watch him drive away, and when he's far enough I step on my board and ride away. I throw the tracker by the shelters in the middle of the dump.

I get back to the Dealership and Daniel is about to get inside his SUV. 

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"I'm going to go find Robby, the tracker is working." he says proudly.

I get in the passenger seat and say, "I'm coming."

he nods and starts driving. We drive in silence my leg bouncing up and down, hopefully Robby had time to drive far from here. We quickly arrive by the shelter and I smile a little when Daniel stops next to the dump. 

He takes his phone and gets out of the car, I decide to stay inside it. He grabs the GPS and sighs he calls Amanda, probably to tell her that this was a useless trip.