27 | Masculine Toxicity

Chapter 27: Masculine Toxicity

I wake up to my alarm blaring in my ears, I open my eyes and see it's still dark, I check my phone and notice I'm getting a bunch of phone calls from the prison. I put my phone on silent and push it off my bed, I grab my pillow and put it over my face where I groan in it. 

I wake up a couple of hours later and roll over my bed to grab my phone, I turn it on and notice it's 3PM. 

fuck. I overslept. 

I get downstairs and find Amanda in her gym clothes, "how long have you been here for?" 

"uh, I got home early from school... I had study hall." I say using sam's excuse but instantly regret it.

"really? cause I've been here all day long." she says and I chuckle.

"well you see, I may or may not have overslept a tiny bit." 

"if by a tiny bit you mean 8 hours, then yeah I think you did." she says looking at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't sleep very well..." I say and she grabs a bowl and pours some cereal for me and then some milk. she passes it to me and I sit down on the table opposite her. I wait for my cereal to soak in the milk so they can get soggy, when door bell rings.

"hold on I'm coming." she says looking at me and I smile. 

"oh. so you're knocking this time." she says and I try to pop my head in to see who she's talking to. 

"Mrs LaRusso, I ... need your help." the person says and I recognize Tory's voice.

"okay ... come on in. you remember the way?" Amanda says and then says, "Sofia, are you done yet?"

"uh, I'm gonna go finish this in my room." I smile and then run upstairs. 

I don't know what's happening there but I surely want nothing to do with it. 

I finish eating my cereal quickly seeing a message from Robby telling me to join him at the market next to the dojo when I hear the side door open. I creep downstairs and hear sam say, "what the hell is she doing here?"

I creep in the kitchen and leave my bowl in the sink, I grab my skate which I left downstairs by the staircase and then hear sam and Amanda arguing. 

this is bad, thank god I'm getting out of here.

"dad can't get along with his high school rival for more than two seconds, and I'm supposed to go to school and be best friends with a psycho." Sam says.

"sam, Johnny and i's differences have nothing to do with that." dad tries to say.

"yes it does! because you guys just do whatever you want." sam continues. I agree with her. 

how do they expect her to be okay with Tory coming back to school when dad isn't even showing a good example with Johnny. 

I get out of the house and then start skating down Reseda. I arrive there and see robby waiting outside.

"what's up?" I say grabbing my skate.

"let's get something to eat." he says and I nod. we walk inside and he hand shakes with the cashier. the cashier then looks at me and I roll my eyes, "I'm stealing anymore, Jesus."

"I'm still watching you." he says.

"Watch all you want. I ain't stealing no more." I say annoyed as I follow robby. we walk towards the biscuits and start quietly and jokingly arguing about what biscuits to get when the front door opens and the ring dings. I don't pay much attention to it as I stand in front of Robby.