25 | Drive-In

To answer @itsyourconscience my posting schedule is ONE CHAPTER A DAY, except on weekends because it's very difficult for me to update. I finish school early on Fridays, but I usually go out and on Saturdays it's family day. However I do try to update a chapter a day. 

Chapter 25: Drive-In

"so you do come to school." Demetri tells me.

"I'm only here because I don't want to watch Cobra Kai." I say rolling my eyes as I close my locker.

"anyways, Sam wanted me to ask you if you wanted to come to the drive in with us Saturday night." Demetri asks.

"why didn't she just ask me herself?" I say raising an eyebrow. 

"I don't know, but I kinda need an answer." he says.

"I don't know what I'm doing Saturday night yet. I guess I'll pop up to the drive in" I say closing my locker. 

+

I walk to the back of the dojo when I find Robby talking with an old man. it's another old man. it's not Kreese but it's someone else. 

I wonder who that new one is. 

I swear to god they're starting to bring in old man, next thing you know it's some sort of recovery rehab.

"you must be keene's little girlfriend. the LaRusso one." he says.

"well... I'm too hungry to think of a witty come back." I say putting my bag down on the floor next to the bench. 

Robby turns around and looks at me with a smile.

should I invite him to drive in with me? or would that be too weird? 

"I have to do something before we go eat." he tells me.

"sure what is it?" I ask him.

"I have to talk to my dad." he says as we walk out of the dojo.

"see I don't think that's a good idea. the two of you never ends well when you try 'talking'" I say remembering all the previous times, "And honestly I don't want to go back to that depressing building called a hospital." 

he laughs.

"it's not funny, I'm serious. I'm not spending another vacay trip to the hospital." 

"you won't okay? I just want to talk to him. things won't escalate." he says.

we arrive by johnny's house and that's when it hits me, "you know what, imma pull that tiktok bullshit on you and say, 'I got your back, from right here.'" I say as I stop walking and stand besides johnny's dodge caravan. 

what a downgrade. 

robby chuckles and then walks towards his dad's house. 

I sit down on the car's hood when I find Miguel. 

"what are you doing here?" he asks me.

"I'm waiting for robby." I say.

"what is he doing here?" he asks me.

"I think he's finally facing his daddy issues." I say smiling.

"oh you mean, that thing you've been avoiding?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about to be honest." I say rolling my eyes.

"really cause at dinner last time, it didn't look like it." he says.

"whatever. how's the car going?" I ask him.

"pretty good actually, we finished it." he says.

"that new serpentine belt holding?" I ask.