18| cheating sets you free

A comment on chapter 4 made me realize that i'd like to know where all of my readers are from, Hi @Mariefrou where from Brazil exactly?? We are also at 2.9k reads and 118 votes that's amazing! and so many people adding this story to their reading list, it makes me so happy! Like i said Fridays are hard to update because it's a family day. but either every other day is an update :)) Enjoy!!

Chapter 18: cheating sets you free

I get home tired and feeling sick. I thought it'd be better to ditch the rest of the school day after seeing Miguel and Sam talking together in the halls. I couldn't face her. I can't stand her. She cares of Miguel, okay. But she's dating Robby. She should also care for him. I manage to care and look out for both of them, why can't she do it?

"Daniel told me you went after all.." Amanda says from the other side of the kitchen counter. 

I sit down on the stool looking at her and hold my head in my hand, "Yeah i did. Biggest mistake ever." 

"Why so?" 

"He, Robby, doesn't even care."

"Care about..?" she asks me.

"Me. He only cares about Sam. Now I know you're her mother not mine. i don't expect you to understand or anything so I won't bother you with any more of this." I say standing up an leaving before she can say anything. 

She's not my mother, so she would obviously defend her daughter. I look at the front door getting an idea. I know it's bad. But what other choice do I have? 

I look behind me and then open the door. I grab a cab and drive all the way to the women's prison. It's only 3 PM so I've got a lot of time ahead of me.

I get inside the building and go straight to the reception desk.

"Sofia LaRusso for -" I start.

"Yes I know." she says rolling her eyes and giving me a visitor's sticker. Well I don't know what it is with all these receptionist and their eye rolling but I hope that one day it'll get stuck. 

I sit on the chair and wait patiently my left bouncing. What? I still get nervous. It happens. 

"I didn't think you'd come back." she says sitting in front of me smiling satisfyingly. 

"Don't get ideas. i'm just here to vent." I sigh too tired to come up with a witty reply.

"No witty come backs? Something must've gone down, what's wrong?" she says acting like she cares for me.

"It's just- I, I thought he'd open his eyes by now. I mean I'm the one that's been here for him the whole time. She's never been here. And yet he still chose her over me." i start venting. 

"Then he doesn't deserve you." she says like it's that simple.

"You think the thought never crossed my mind?" I say rhetorically and she shrugs her shoulders causing me to face palm myself, "It has, Jesus."

"OK, then why don't you just let go?" she asks like it's the easiest thing to do.

"I'm not like you mother dear. I do have a heart. Even though I don't show it." I say.

"And that's where you're just like your father." she says rolling her eyes.

"Thank god for that." I say smiling. 

"Just move on honey. I mean if he treats like option number two, then he's not the one for you." she says, "and once he gets the proof that, the other girl, isn't for him he'll come back running for you. but it'll be too late."